Feedback On My First UI Design!

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely take it into consideration next time!

1 Like

The admin box isn’t centered

The white box is not centered

the “x” in the red box is not centered

Yeah just center and organize it

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will definitely change for next time.

For a first UI, it’s pretty good, it’s nice and straight forward. One thing beginning UI designers do wrong is a proper colour scheme, it looks like you stuck to it. A couple of things I would recommend would be induldging yourself in the world of designing, either via dribbble or something similar, or right here on the devforum. Another thing would be to have a look at Coolors. They have tons of colours for your to use as well as palettes to create complimenting designs. Another thing you should keep in mind is form, the rounded edges create a smooth look, but miter edges are more noticable. Flow is another idea, creating organization is key for presenting the important things to your user; creating ease of use is another thing, you must keep button sizes, colours, and shapes consistent to keep them noticable and in the back of the user’s mind; giving the players prompts that are self explanatory.

tl;dr good job, check out coolors, keep in mind flow and form, keep doing awesome things

1 Like

Nice for a first try. Someone has probably already said this, but the white box isn’t centred. Overall a 7/10.

Thanks for this amazing feedback! I will make sure to try everything you mentioned out.

that’s good right?

2 Likes

I’m aware thanks

Thank you!

Decent for my first I guess.

The colors aren’t very good.

Heres some colors I use in almost all of my UI designs:

3 Likes

I love the darker colors. I personally use them all of the time for practicing.

1 Like

@LandnBlu This is what it would look like if you used a more modern, or darker style.

It looks ok… a bit bland though.

1 Like

I agree! I made it in 1 minute, you can always add different colors and perfect it to your style.

1 Like

It’s pretty good, I like how you rounded the edges of the UI. Only thing is to perhaps add UIGradients to the frames to add more pop. Also, perhaps the change the font to a more eye-catching one?

1 Like

its ok its deffinetly very simple I think its to simple you can have some ui that can be just text or just a black box and that can look good when done right the ui looks ok here’s some feed back

use ui strokes it can break up the ui and its very easy to use
maybe change the colours to a darker color
I suggest putting a brighter background and make the white box in the middle darker it will look like the box is inset into the background
you can also put the title above the main ui that can also look good
I don’t get the point of a button that says cancel and a close button what’s the difference

and that’s about all

I’d like to contradict what you said; though it does look aesthetically pleasing, black on white anywhere isn’t good. The text you used that is claimed to be ‘descriptive text color’ actually is a colour close to what you should use when using monotone grayscale colours. Colours that contrast each other shouldn’t be used together.

Original Post
What did catch my eyes were the very bright colours of the header bar and the text. Though it’s not much of an issue in this case, there is a slight strain on the eyes with the white text and orange header.

…makes the eye work harder and open wider, since it needs to absorb more light…

For the first attempt, better than I did for sure lol.

Some text is off-centered, including the white boxes. The TextBox (where you input the text) and the Player is not aligned with Kick and Cancel.

Overall, I’d give this a nice 8/10! I like it a lot!

(Personal note: I would prefer if the blue is a bit lighter but it’s not part of the feedback lol just personal preference. Well done though. :+1::yellow_heart: )

1 Like

For your first UI this is nice. I do have some suggestions for you to keep in mind while you’re practicing UI:

1. Try going more towards round modern styles, here’s an example from my upcoming game:

2. Try making the title text on prompt UIs bolder than the rest of the text and try to avoid text backgrounds as much as you can, like this prompt:
    unknown-7

3. Use Scale rather than Offset for positioning UI elements, to avoid cases where elements are off-centered like so.

4. Try using colors that blend together more, just like @TheGamesForReal said earlier:

That’s all I have to say for now. If you need more tips feel free to message me anytime.

Keep up the good work! :wink:

1 Like

It would be better if it’s the Roblox modern style, like the settings in game

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback everybody! Much appreciated and I will implement it to my next UI!

I don’t think there should be a cancel button and an “X” button at the top.

1 Like