Feedback on my First UI Design

Introduction:
Hello! Recently, I’ve been really getting into UI Design or User Interface. This is just to help grow my UI career. Since I was interested, I tried to create a UI for myself just for practice and feedback reasons. What I wanna ask you is give feedback on my first UI Design, so I can improve before I open up commissions to start UI Designing.
UI Design:

Conclusion:
Thanks for reading! Any tips or feedback to help me improve are much appreciated! Have a good day/night! :heart:

-jxyvzz

5 Likes

Store : Has a lot of spaces between each beveled/rounded boxes
Inventory : Right side has more space than the Left side, Inventory title too high up
Settings & Codes : Title should be a bit down

Although, they are minor stuff, they still can be a big impact on UI/UX experience.

You only have the layout done but you should start adding more and more into the UI to make it a finished product and hopefully we can critique it more.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! Will try to use your advice in the future!

1 Like

Simplistic yet very effective! I really like it. If you want to improve, try experimenting with different shapes, shades, fonts ect. Also, maybe a darker outline around the shapes might make a big difference.
Other than that, it looks really nice. Good Job!

2 Likes

The design itself isn’t terrible, but it needs some work, mainly the spacing between the different items.
There’s this fantastic book called “Grid Systems / Raster Systeme” by Josef Muller Brockmann, which helps you on how to distribute text/items in the space. It’s mainly focused on books and typography, but it can be applied to anything that relies on a grid.

Long story short, try to keep the spacing between the items consistent, basically do the maths on a piece of paper before doing the UI in Roblox.
The colors & typo works great, no issue on that.

Keep it up!
-Ivan

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Feedback much appreciated!!

2 Likes

Feels sad without coloring, strokes and overlays.

1 Like

There’s quite a bit to improve.

• Change the fonts. The fonts look too basic and unappealing.
  • The store is very messy. Slots are unevenly positioned and sized. Make everything organized so players can see the shop items easily.
  • The circles in the quest UI are seemingly uneven like the shop. It looks bad when small.
  • A lot of the menus should be bigger. No way are you going to have an inventory UI that small, same for quests, settings, and maybe profile.
  • Expand the settings to have more buttons. Just two buttons look off.
2 Likes

The purpose was supposed to be all white to kinda give it a simplistic look, to answer your comment.

Thanks for your feedback, will try to do those things suggested in the future!!