Feedback on my game, Streak

My game is currently in testing, so it haven’t gotten any feedback yet.

Game Description
Streak is a multiplayer first person shooter game with a low poly feel. It is meant to be a sci-fi, arcade like with an emphasis on skill (mastery of game controls, abilities, attacks, flying). It is a round based game with different gamemodes. It comes with a rank and credits system, weapon/ability/item shop, with customizable character appearance via hats, faces, and clothing colors. I am really going for that satisfying feel, such as great visual effect, kill alerts, UI, etc.

Everything is up for critique, however some of the maps are clearly placeholders.

All feedback is appreciated!

game link: https://www.roblox.com/games/2530681009/Streak-Beta

roast my game

5 Likes

Just a few things;

The game looks pretty good, but I’m not sure what to do, or how to play.

• The UI is very big, and in your face, so this could be seen as a con.

• The newspaper is covered up by the tools UI

• The coffee doesn’t seem to do anything, except for lose ammo.

• Once you first get into the game, you spawn with the coffee and newspaper, and not the guns.

• The leaderboard doesn’t display wipeouts, when it should.

• Moving the item being displayed in the shop is very glitchy

• Everytime the player exits the shop by pressing ‘M’, the newspaper briefly displays, even when it is unprompted.
    Gif: https://gyazo.com/4b95d22a140a075c785757a4602a0e48

• NPCs in the lobby can be pushed, and can also push other NPCs

• There is no chat, so that’s a bit annoying

• When other players old tools, they are held incorrectly. For example: The newspaper is through the player’s hand, and the coffee cup is floating.

• The maps are placeholders as you said, but they still seem very bland, and cluttered.

• The general supplies room is empty, along with Mel’s room

Overall, I have no idea how to play, and some instruction would be nice

Hope this can help you out a bit.

2 Likes

Just like Zabazz said once i went to switch weapon, i can’t even do that or see the weapons at all and everytime i went to the food man i hit (V) the food was falling all over the place and going away in 1 second. Plus the coffee cups was glitching out of Zabazz hands. Just to give you a heads up hope you can fix these problems and hope we help put.

Thanks for the reply, the feedback is helpful!

Some explanations:

Wipeouts are only gained when a player or hostile npc kills you, resetting or falling off the map wont count

This is intentional, however I might change it if it is annoying.

Those rooms aren’t finished yet, more details and interactables will be added :slight_smile:

This is a glitch haha, I’ll look into fixing that.

Chat system is currently being worked on, might end up using an edited default roblox chat system, rather than custom.

Yes, I will most definitely look into adding some control explanations either in the lobby, or as a tutorial the first time you play.

Someone else commented on this as well.

I’ll definitely be making the UI smaller and less invasive.

1 Like

I was in a game when this occurred, and I died to one of the flying creature people

haha

This is a bug then, i’ll fix that in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback.

This should not be happening. The problem is likely one with the values created by the datastore script. This will most definitely be fixed.

This is intentional, they are just simple bricks. The food man was a placeholder to test the interact system. Will likely be replaced with something more elaborate at a later date.

This is probably because the server gun model uses a fairly basic positioning/grip method, with some value editing that can be fixed.

Feedback

Pros:

This game is pretty cool. It has a smooth, fluid UI.
Controls are really good, too. You take the FPS game but to the next level (with jetpacks, etc.).

Cons (I excluded the ones mentioned by jordonh23):

This game is relying on multiple players. It can get quite boring doing the “Monster Onslaught” over and over again.

Possible Bugs:

Playing TDM mode whenever I’m in a server by myself. There is nobody to defeat.

Thanks for the feedback!

As of today I have patched all the bugs that @jordonh23 and @Zabazz had mentioned, however I haven’t published the bug fixes/updates yet.

Some things I changed:

• Coffee cup glitching was removed
  • Spawning with no loadout glitch was fixed (was due to an improper indexing of a datastore for new players)
  • Lobby now has third person view (to see your hats/faces and stuff)
  • script speed and efficiency has been greatly improved, the big and invasive UI have been resized, and the UI has been made more efficient/dynamic.

Yeah, players are pretty central to the gameplay. without them, the game gets pretty boring.
Since I haven’t advertized or finished/polished and released the game yet, there arent going to be any players. If you play Phantom Forces, Arsenal, or Strucid without other players that would be pretty boring as well :stuck_out_tongue: