Feedback on my game "the end of the world"

I’m working on a game that’s meant to be the end of the world. The sun has gotten large enough that the heat has made Earth a barren wasteland.

I’m thinking of adding random events that kill all of the players online.
Is there anything I should add to it?

4 Likes

Does the world, does it ever end?

The flashlight is droppable which can bug my arm motor when dropping. The spawnpoint is really far out considering I can notice floating point error.

I don’t see much to add. Maybe meteors or something, then again it is just the suns heat so idk.

1 Like

I’ll fix the flashlight bug in the morning

The very far spawn locations is due to them being spread out over a long distance so you never see another player

2 Likes

Im going to try and add something to do,
does the player being a robot sent to retrieve company assets sound like a good story?
I’m thinking that civilization pulled a WALL-E and a giant company sent ships containing people out and when they found another world they sent robots back to get their costly assets back

1 Like

awesome game i like when the flashlight facing where the players camera facing, btw how this games work nothing happen in there

1 Like

It’s fairly basic. I’d consider adding creatures or special events to make it a little less boring.

You also seem to be going for a retro Roblox look, so I think that adding the old cursor and walk animations could make it seem more natural.

Also like the other guy said, fix the flashlight bug and also make the flashlight follow the cursor instead of the camera.

1 Like

I personally dislike the old cursor and I already have the old walk animations

I’m trying to come up with a plot that makes sense for what I’m doing and I have already made a few things to go along with it.

So far I have this:

• The player character is a robot sent by a company who wants to catalog what happened to the earth and setup some sort of monument/memorial
  • The player will go across the barren wasteland and try to find remains of civilization and send info back to their HQ
  • Company is possibly evil???
1 Like

Its themed like old roblox since the world ended in 2012, obviously

1 Like

I added a few things since that post

1. Distance from spawn location counter and now all distance things (ex. spawn location spread area) use meters and kilometers

2. “Flare” (renamed 2010 firework),
    gives the achievement “but nobody came” when used to emphasize that there is nobody else to help you
    good at blowing up cars apparently

3. Vehicles!
    Currently I just have the blue coupe enabled due to them needing to be rigged again (new physics made hinges unstable) and the coupe being the least buggy
    They spawn from a tool and if your car explodes you get a new spawner