Feedback on my game

hi im currently working on my new game called “Hex Battle” its a game where you defend your castle and fort by placing turrets and walls, and attack other players fort by training units and attack their fort. so i need feedbacks for my game and i want to know what you guys think of my game and if theres any bug please tell me. and theres one more thing, theres 3 bugs in my game that idk how to fix the first one is the units when the units move too far it will stop midway and the second bug is sometimes when you place a build it doesnt placed in the mouse position like it got a little far from the mouse position, last bug is in bot mode ive made a pathfinding script so the bots unit wont stuck in players builds but they didnt detect it they just like doing the MoveTo: script and stuck in the build. so if youre interested to help me, dm me on discord arkanooun#9985

6 Likes

hello arkanooun!
i’ve tested your game and here are some of the things that i think:

the icon: it looks good! maybe make the text underneath it a little more contrasting so people can read it and it can catch the eye better!

loading screen: it looks good! maybe instead of 2 loading things in different places you could have the main loading bar where it is and the asset loading underneath it?

ui: it looks good! i think it would look better if all of the buttons/ui were sized the same!
(maybe the blueprint shop could be named “Blueprint” instead of “Blue Print” lol)

i also saw when i clicked play that you might’ve use veiwport frames? it looks good in my opinion! but i also think you could make custom images with editing to draw everything together and make it pop! (maybe you could also make a button template? so it could also make everything look stylized and have it all look pulled together)

but in general everything looks put together and has good descriptions!

gameplay and looks:
i joined in and i saw the areas where youre able to place things glitch into the ground, maybe you could move it up a tiny bit?

also youre able to squeeze in things really tight if you ease in your mouse in enough, maybe make a grid snapping system inside the shapes so they dont abuse it too much? (but if not thats completely fine)

i also was a little connfused on how things attack and defend, maybe you could go more in depth with that on the tutorial? (like what is the best stuff to start off placing, ect!)
relaying onto that i watched what the bot did and learned what made gold, but i was still confused on what i could do to attack, ect

AH i played a little more and i saw that you could make a little barracks and make soldiers
but maybe make it easier to select them?

also the bots castle disappeared and the round didnt end, i was a little confused

also i didnt know you could upgrade the things, maybe also add that into the tutorial?

plus, how do you attack the enemy castle? you cant go onto their plot, so how do you attack their area?

map: i really only played the bot one, maybe you could make the distance smaller so it could seem more compact and fit, maybe you could be able to add more details without having to do a lot?
(im unsure if distance matters? if you wanted to make the map smaller maybe you could make the troops move slower?)

OVERALL:

i think the game is pretty decent! just fix bugs and polish it!
6.2/10!

i wouldve gone more in depth and figured out more but i was a little busy today lol, maybe you could hire game testers?

Thank you so much for testing my game ill fix the bugs and improve the tutorial and others!

Edit: ive fix the bugs and improve the game and what do you think?

1 Like