Feedback on my game

Hello! Working on a rarity game! I’ve released it a week ago which garnered 180 visits however, I’ve noticed that player leave immediately after joining (I know this because BloxAdmin). They usually play it for a minute or 2. I also noticed that some players actually play more than 5 minutes. I would like some feedback on my game so I can figure out why they leave. Thanks!

9 Likes

I’ve played similar games extensively, so I was pretty interested to see this.
Short answer: this feels super unfinished.
Long answer:
Right off the bat, this is a cool concept I hadn’t seen before. Pretty interesting in itself but the execution is odd.

All of the UI is in a super weird place, and the “Change Color” button scales to a weird anchor point.
I’m not sure what you did, but when I scale the window it looks like you used Scale for the positioning and Offset for the sizing. Definitely not great for mobile devices.

As for content, there’s basically nothing to do, unfortunately. There’s only a single upgrade and that’s the extent of the content. Also, that upgrade takes way too long to get to for the average user. It took me about 5 minutes of just clicking and doing absolutely nothing else to get it, and that’s with the 2X event you have at the moment. At that point, you will have lost almost all of your players. This is why players are leaving. Some cool upgrades could be an autoclicker, a luck boost to give you better rarities, a multiplier to give you more money from the colors, and stuff like effects that increase the base money even more (Flame, Sparkles, etc.)

Also, the rarity and currency feels unbalanced. The only reason I even got to that upgrade in 5 minutes was because I got a “Secret” rarity item, which gave me way more than enough to get it while almost everything else only got me to about 300 in total.

Back to UI, I think you could execute this text a lot more cleanly:

When you have a material, it’s kind of a block of text and weird to read. Something like this would probably be much better:
:art:Steel blue
:hammer:Cobblestone
:moneybag:7
Obviously the emojis are a bit odd but it would definitely be much easier to read at a glance than the current system.

As for the map, there should definitely be something there. A spinning default baseplate is definitely a development test thing and not something I’d want to publish.

Another cool feature could be a log or index of all of the colors and materials, and when you get combinations for the first time you would be able to view their probabilities and how much they’re worth. This would let players compare to others and improve the multiplayer aspects.

One bug I found was that the “Change Color” button would appear before you were actually able to click it, and only about 2/3 of the clicks actually do something because of what I would assume is an internal debounce not visible to the player differing from what they can see. Definitely something to look into since it’s pretty off-putting.

Overall, I think this has a lot of potential but it definitely feels like you just started developing and immediately published it. The UI, content, and map definitely need work but I think you could turn this into something super cool and polished with enough effort.

Side note, another thing that could help would be improving the icon and thumbnails. On the icon, the text is pretty small so it’s hard to actually see what it is on Roblox pages, and the thumbnail just looks like a stretched version of the icon.

5 Likes

An in-depth review, I’ll take the time reading all this feedback you have!

4 Likes

Alright, sorry if the UI looks very odd, never played on the computer. It looked fine on mobile and roblox studio, I forgot to use a scale ui plugin which makes it look normal on all devices. Absolutely love the emoji UI. The index is on the works and it should be out probably in 2 weeks along on more things. However, I don’t know what to add in the baseplate therefore, I made it spin.

4 Likes

To add more, the bug in the color thingy, sometimes it rolls but since there’s a math.random() thing that rolls the color, it has a chance to roll nothing. I know I sound like “it’s not a bug, it’s feature” type of response.

4 Likes

There are a few main routes you can take:
A) Decorate a 3d background and just keep it as is without it spinning
B) Make it completely UI based
C) Make it a walkable map
Personally I think C would be the coolest for players but it’s definitely much more work to get the current formula adapted for that

3 Likes

That sounds like a bug with how you’re handling rolling then, it would probably be a good idea to fix that or at the very least specify that they rolled nothing if that is a feature you want to keep.

3 Likes

Hmm, yeah probably best to specify they roll nothing because they’ll think the game is broken.

2 Likes

B will require a lot of altering, C is a cool idea but I think A is the best choice for me. I just had a great idea, I can have different maps that you can buy with points

3 Likes

Yep, that could be a cool implementation. I think you should focus on more functional upgrades before anything else since they’re the main meat of the game, but definitely a cool side idea.

3 Likes

I’ll focus more heavily on the index

3 Likes

Alright, just keep in mind that more direct content will be the greatest source of retention

2 Likes

Alright, thank you for your honest feedback! I’ll lower down the cost to 300, I’ll make more upgrades such as the particle rarities, and add luck boost upgrade. I’ll add more meat to the bone.

2 Likes

If you message me when you update it, I can give some feedback on the new stuff as well. Thanks for hearing my opinion!

3 Likes

Thanks for your offer! Will contact you again if I do a new update

2 Likes