Feedback on my GFX #4

Hello guys!! Today I’m here, for the 4th time… To show you all my newest render!! This time I have used a rig. I really need opinions on it!! Note that this render was only made for practicing, no other intentions. Thanks!!

And please tell me what i could possibly do to improve my GFX quality!! Thank you so much for your time :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

It’s really lit :fire:
now what about adding a background, would look even better
Which software did you use btw?

3 Likes

Hey!! Thank you so much!! Well, i used blender 2.79a to add lighting and do the posing, then went to 2.8 because rendering there is way faster lol.
And I used Photoshop CS6 to make it a little big brighter, since it was dark-ish.

2 Likes

Use nodes on the avatar, glossy’s the most important one.

3 Likes

Look not trying to offend you, you wanted honest opinions, rather than just compliments. So here; I really like the posing you did, its really smooth and well done. The gloss is pretty decent, but it does not fit with the lighting. The lighting is really bad. It looks as if you put a light in the back, and nothing else. The avatar is too dark,no not the skin color and does not fit with the gloss/lighting on its back/sides. You should make it brighter in the front, it would make the render a lot better! I suggest using a sun light. Ok, last thing. The lighting on the left side differs from the lighting on the right. the one on the left is red, and the one to the right is blue. I don’t know if that was your intention, but it looks as if you just used lights of 2 different colors.

Conclusion;
Good job! The end product is pretty impressive, just the lighting wasn’t used properly.
Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your opinion!! And yes!! I actually intended to make red light on the left and blue on the right side. I just thought it would look cool for practicing with lights aswell!! I actually used a light studio. And how do you make characters glossy? By far i only know how to make parts glossy lmao. Do you have any videos that explain how to do it?

1 Like

Thank you so much!! Do you know how to apply glossy to a character though? I got a bit confused while doing that lmao

1 Like

The lighting is amazing keep up the good work!

1 Like
1 Like