Feedback on my GFX Icon

I did this for a project called “The Realistic Backrooms Experience”. :coefficients:

Time it took me to make this GFX: 40 Minutes

6 Likes

Very nice for a 40-minute creation, however, there are a few things I’d like to recommend.

The background image is perfect, because it is for a backrooms game I really like the gloomy effect it gives out, and something you’d expect in a ‘realistic’ backrooms experience, the lighting of the character is great, not too dark but still gives out a vibe and the detailing is great.

The main thing you need to improve is the title text.
With the murky background and title “The Realistic Backrooms Experience”, the font just doesn’t fit in. The bold white color makes it the first thing people look at (unless that is what you want) and doesn’t match with the background. The title positioning is also kinda off, maybe consider putting it a little bit up and centered, separate the title into 2 lines so it doesn’t need to span across the entire image, and the last thing is to change the font to a more eroded or a stencil type of font, considering the backrooms give out a ‘mysterious’ vibe to it.

2 Likes

As said by @ryunvi, the font for “The Realistic Backrooms Experience” doesn’t match the GFX theme.

I can’t really tell what’s going on because of the watermark.

What font would you recommend to use? (btw, sorry for my bad english :cry:)

I lowered the opacity of the text and placed it to one side of the image, now the GFX should be visible.

1 Like

There are a lot of fonts, so I’m just gonna give you a link so you can choose for yourself.

This is the ‘eroded’ type of font I talked about, and they’re 100% free so you don’t have to worry about commercial usage.
Eroded | Dafont.com

The fonts are nice, and they fit with the GFX, I will choose one and change the font immediately, thank you very much! I hope you are having a good night/day. :happy2:

1 Like

It looks good but, as people have said, the title needs some work. But overall it looks great!

Looking awesome! I’d tweak the lighting a little bit to make the figure easier to see because you do need to squint a little bit, it would make it much more noticeable amongst all the other very bright game icons around it.

Edit: turned my brightness up (duh) and it’s looking much better, but would still consider adding a slightly less noticeable light source to make it stand out.

It looks pretty cool, but there is one defect that immediately catches the eye, it’s the filter from the gas mask passes through the character’s torso.

This is beyond good for something you made that fast.

Looks amazing. I love the detail and crispness. Very high quality!