Feedback on my GFX

Hi guys! I really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on some graphics I made.

Feel free to leave, even the smallest details!

Logos

Capes

Game Thumbnail (Just one)

Constructive Criticism is the most helpful!

Thank you,
mxxnlxss

1 Like

Icons - They’re fairly simple, however, there isn’t any bump on the characters, nor is there any reflection. The lighting is essentially the same for all of them also. As for the Logic Resorts one, I don’t see much wrong except the beach ball, which looks poorly anti-aliased.

Capes - The posing is fairly bland, as they’re almost always waving. Moreover, lighting is still kinda bland and there is no bump on the characters.

Thumbnail - The lighting is bright, and the pose is pretty static and undynamic. The character doesn’t blend in with the background either.

Rating out of 10: 3.5/10

Advice: Add bump to your characters and change up your variety of poses. Moreover, use HDRIs for your lighting, and maybe try rendering backgrounds for thumbnails.

2 Likes

You really done a great job, on your logos like how you made more of them here is some things you could improve on!!

My Suggestions

First Logo

• It looks quit nice, however there seems to be some little black particles on the side of here face. And there seems to be a little blue dot on her shirt i would suggest you fix! that and render your sample a bit more to, remove those black particles on your logo of.
    Second Logo

• As for the second one, there also seems to be black particles on your render on the side of her face. And her hands I would recommend you fix that up a bit more! but overall you have really done a great job on this logo. And just like KPH said i would suggest you add some bump on the characters!!

Third Logo

• I would suggest you add different details on your logos, instead of having them look the same as seen in the logo folder. And the beach ball good look a little better as by looking at it there seems! to be a lot of white pieces on it and it doesn’t look quality as the tree/icepop.

Capes

• On your cape renders there seems to be a black spot! on her shirt you could also click the “render sample” to remove some of those black shadows in her arm and face and legs. And on the character it’s self I would recommend you do that, so your renders could look a lot more better. Also add brighter lights on to your character…!
Fix

ItzXXO

Game Thumbnail

• The last thumbnail looks quit nice. But there seems to be some white shadows on your trees and black shadows on the character and to much bright lights on them, i would suggest you add some lights to this render. And change some of the backgrounds! as they don’t really go well with the character.
Thumbnail

Overall you have really done a great job on your renders! hope to see more of this soon keep up the good work.

4/10

2 Likes

My Suggestions: (2 Minute Read Time)

So what you are doing is very common amongst newer artist. You have moved onto the stage of rendering, but you’re not approaching it correctly. Whatever program you are using, Blender, Cinema 4D, Maya, etc. 3D rendering is just like any other art form. It has a hard learning curve. Many beginners when adding rendered works to their skill set just render a character with a simple lighting system with a transparent background that they place upon an image and then add a bunch of assets like flares and glares to cover up the basic look.

Lighting and Renders
That is how simple works can look much better than they actually are. But its not just about blurring a background, placing a bunch of overlays from google images and a simple rendered character with big text that makes amazing GFX. For your logos, I like your third one. It is simplistic in a nice fun way. Good job. But your first 2 could be better. Try to learn how to make background scenes in your 3D program. And try to add all your awesome effects in the render it self, not after. And as @KPH529 suggested maybe use some HDRIs so you can get good reflections and better lighting on your character. Helpful links will be provided below.

Capes
I hate to say it, but these are what could use the most improvement. They are boring, bland and simplistic without a style. Give your art more meaning. Maybe make the characters bigger, change up some styles. And don’t use too harsh shadows.

Thumbnails
As I mentioned before the biggest reason your icons look nice are that you add a bunch of flares, glares, and effects to cover up the out of place look. Your thumbnails don’t even have this so they look even more off. When I make GFX, thumbnails are always my favorite. Why? Because I have more creative freedom and space to express my meaning compared to a simple icon or ad. But you seem to just take a simple render character that has no effect on its background (no shadows, reflections). The character is to bright and the lighting is out of the place. The thumbnail lacks the flare to tie it all together.

Conclusion
Improve your 3D renders and learn how to make full scenes. Use reflections, HDRIs, bumps, complex textures, and effects to make your work pop! Use photo editing programs like paint.NET, photoshop, gimp, affinity photo, etc. only to make simple enhancements like a color grade and if you need to add extra effects at the end to bring it even more together that’s fine. But don’t piece your work together with a photo editing program. And make sure your GFX actually ties together. Many new artists makes good work but don’t make the works match or blend together. And overall, be patient. Take your time and be warned it will take a long time maybe even years to master all of this. Don’t be overwhelmed and you will get there. Good luck.

Rating: 3/10

Helpful links

3 Likes

Hi there. I saw your post when I am surfing around the category “Art Design Support”. I would like to give some suggestions concerning your work even though I don’t make GFXs.
The icons are quite simple but I am quite sure you didn’t use HDRI on these. The poses are simple. There is nothing special about it.

The capes are quite simple. The pose is simple as well but one question.
The first cape’s character is out of the boundary. Is it on purpose or something else? image

Lastly, the thumbnails. I am quite disappointed when I am looking at the thumbnail you have made. The pose is very simple ( I should say bland instead ). Also, the text “V2” is too bright, to be honest, I can’t see it.image
I would blur the background but you didn’t.

Overall, I would give 2.5/10, do not be ashamed yet, practice makes perfect.