Feedback on my Hallway

Hey, I am using this pic in my portfolio, but I just realized I never really asked people I don’t know what they think about it. So here I am.
It is from the SCPF genre, something between technology and sci-fi.
Anyways, this build is not completly done, and I will never finish it, it is not made to be used by anyone. Its only purpose is to look good.

14 Likes

Really nice build! It lacks a bit of color, but otherwise is great.

2 Likes

The picture doesn’t show very much (it would be helpful if we could see the entire build) but I do like what I can see.

My one suggestion would be to add the same amount of detail to the right wall as you do the left (with the pipes, fan-looking elements, lights, etc.) At the moment there is quite a lot of open white space that can be taken advantage of. Color-wise I really like the gray-white contrast you have going on and I find it really fits the genre, but I would recommend brightening the color of the pipes on the wall so add a bit of color variation to the picture.

Overall nice job!

5 Likes

I agree with the quoted text, not that much that you can see but overall what is visible, looks nice. Well done.

7/10 :star:

3 Likes

The corridor is quite above the par level of detail. However, the upper part of the walls can be improved by coloring it differently, maybe to a darker tone of white.

Color variation here is stale I only see two colors that were dominating the entire screenshot. Some kind of dark grey and white.

Additional details I could think of is adding some ventilation fans, directional arrows or any details around the curved wall there.

2 Likes

Pretty nice build! I always like adding in doors, even if they’re static, just to break up some of the monotony of long hallways. You can also add things like “Wet Floor” signs, trashbins, litter if it fits, and so on, especially for something you’re planning to use as a First Impression build because it shows the scenes are true to form. As you said “Its only purpose is to look good” so you’re able to disregard normal precautions and just go all out.

1 Like

Why is it so bright? Where is all that light coming from?

Think about creating a darker atmosphere especially as it’s a SCPF genre. This will help create a much realistic atmosphere, if you haven’t yet (I can’t tell) add some lighting to the neon light panels on the walls.

1 Like

It looks really nice and has lots of detail.

Suggestions

• I think most has already been said but this part of the wall looks really empty compared to the other wall like @1Boone said . I understand that you won’t want to make the walls over crowded and it also is hard to tell how empty the rest of the walls are but from this picture it does look a little empty:

• Could you provide more screen shots because right now it’s a hard to get an idea of what the whole build looks like or give many suggestions.

It’s a great start but could you please provide more screen shots. Good luck on your future projects! :+1:

2 Likes

It’s very good so far but work on your colour palette, other than that you got a good start!

1 Like

It looks pretty good but I suggest adding a little more detail (vents, fans etc), maybe something with the floor too (some more detailed patterns rather than those basic tiles).
Making it a darker and spooky hallway would be fitting for a SCPF genre too. So gas releasing from a punctured pipe or something similar.

4 Likes