Feedback on my homestore

Hi there developer forum! :wave:

I just finished the basics of my homestore and would like some feedback and advice.
Please point out the good and the bad about it

Here’s the link to the game itself so you can check it out.

Screenshots:

I will probably add more to it in future in just looking for advice so I go in the right direction.

(Please point out good things as well as bad really helps me understand what parts are good and what’s bad)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, if you can, please do send screenshots, not everybody has the time to hop in a game to view it.

2 Likes

I think it looks good but the rainbow decal on the last picture just makes it seem weird.

1 Like

Before I say anything, @BqTheSlayerOfKaz_iaa, yes, he did send screenshots. Moving on, from the looks of what I’ve seen, I don’t like it. There’s too much going on, and the purple and green? I don’t find it that great. Also, limit the decals, I’m seeing rainbow spirals and graffiti (the graffiti is cool on some walls, but not all walls), and the clothes should be on pedestals.

I haven’t gone in the game, and I will, to check out the rest of the stuff.

2 Likes

Bqttles said that before screenshots were provided.

1 Like

Makes sense, I guess.

30charssss

1 Like

I like the home store, and the purple adds a nice vibe to it.

1 Like

I agree with @COUNTYL1MITS about the purple vibe, but maybe change the green? It should be white in my opinion. Also, I think the wall paintings are cool when they fit the theme. The rainbow spiral is a prime example of a bad decal. (I’m sorry if I’m being harsh, just my opinion.)

Good luck with your next build.

Super saturated. It’s late here and it feels like my eyes are burning.
Here’s some things you can improve on:

• Make it larger. It’s quite small… you’re really relying on the brick material and decals here but you should use add more builds (manhole covers with light shining in or something) and you can use textures so it doesn’t look overall bland.
  • In the game it’s more apparent but even looking at the screenshots these decals are kind of low quality and they’re being cut off by builds (look at the second picture, the grime above v1bez gets cut off and so does the decal on the left &right)
  • Lessen the neon…
  • mess around with the lighting
  • The emoji decal (3rd pic) is kind of disturbing,especially for younger children.
    hope this helps
5 Likes