Feedback on my Hotel Entrance

Hello Developer Forum!
I recently created this hotel entrance and would like some feedback on it.
What can I improve? What do you like about it? How can I add on it? Any other ideas?
Thank you!

4 Likes

I don’t really like it much. The hotel front looks… odd for a better word. The green doors don’t fit, and the wall lights don’t look good either. The only positive is maybe the wall lining things, but do you have photos of the building inside?

1 Like

Very good, but I would add some more textures :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice build!
I like the overall color scheme; however leaving white is fine sometimes, but personally for me leaving the floor a bland white is never good for games I always like to add some type of tile or use a different color than the standard white.

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the response. There is no inside yet, only the entrance. The doors, are clear, showing the grass on the plain inside. I am trying to fix the lighting issue on the inside entrance. Hopefully that clears somethings up.

1 Like

Any suggestions as to what textures and where? Thanks for the suggestion though!

The inside will look a little different, the floor contrasts the black walls. However, I am looking to add more color other than black and white inside. Thanks for the reply!

No problem hope to be able to see your game on the popular page soon. I believe you can do it, the only thing that’ll ever stop you from developing is yourself.

1 Like

I mean. I’m going to be honest with you, I don’t like the colors much. you should make more scenery, maybe some trees, bushes, anything. I feel it needs more color. If a player play’s that, They’d likely leave. It’s not attractive enough to keep their attention.

-Hydrinated
2D Roblox Artist

There will be plenty of scenery. I want to make it more of a city-scape hotel, in contrast to many others that I have seen on the platform. Of course, there will be much more colors inside. Right now, I am only focusing on the exterior entrance. Thanks for the suggestions though! Maybe I’ll put a garden next to the pool area that players can walk through.

1 Like

I like it! Maybe change the green doors, they don’t fit in very much. The lights also seem a bit “spammy”, but the lighting they give off is great!

1 Like

Hello, and thanks for the response! I agree with you completely. The door isn’t actually green, it is mostly transparent seeing the blank inside behind it. The green is the grassy ground under the entrance. Sorry about that.
The lighting, I agree with. I am trying to fix the brightness and range to make it better but still have a good effect. I have to grab all of those point-lights though, so it takes a little while.
Thanks!

1 Like

I actually meant the light models, not the lighting. I think the lighting looks fine.

1 Like

Ah! Sorry about that.
The lighting models on the exterior walls, or the ceiling?

There are too many on the walls, I think.

1 Like

Got it. I will keep that in mind. Maybe I will add more on the left side to even it out.

1 Like

It looks pretty good. The only downside that I can see is the amount of lighting that is on the right side wall. Maybe get rid of a couple and it will look great. Keep up the nice work!