Feedback on my In-Game Menu Redesign Concept

Backstory:
The In-Game Menu is a feature in Roblox that allows you to change settings, view active users in that experience & lets you view what the controls are in the Help section.

Topic:
To this day, i am still liking the V3 menu because it is one of the most feature-packed versions out of all, partly because you can see the experience’s information directly from it. Unfortunately, in 2023, it has silently removed, leaving only the original menu remain.

So i design a potential V5 menu could look like.

Note: This is all done with Roblox Studio’s UI Editor & @Staric14’s UIBlox Plugin.

Picture:

More pics coming later.

What do you think about this? Post below to give feedback!

12 Likes

Woah, this feels like it could be something that Roblox would make. It’s very clean and matches the theme of the Roblox menu. That search feature would be a very neat idea. Also, on the left bar, is the empty square meant for your avatar? Perhaps, something to do with avatar editing?

1 Like

Nope, the blank square is used to display the experience’s thumbnail and clicking on it will bring up the Experience Information page

As good and well made as it is, I’m really not a fan of the UI being on the side of the screen.

One of the benefits of the current UI is that its centered, its where you’re already looking, plus there’s generally more space to fit everything and its generally more readable.

I used the V3 UI once and I found it was absolute garbage from a user experience standpoint.

It was just really annoying to use because of how much I had to move the mouse all over the screen constantly, and everything was just in uncomfortable positions, this UI seems to be pretty much identical with those issues I had.

Its clunky, everything’s too spaced and there’s barely any space to actually fit anything worthwhile.

1 Like

Ok, i will be making a centered version of this.

1 Like

Here is the updated version!

Updates:

• It’s now centered
  • People renamed to Users
  • The bottom buttons are the same ones as in the original menu
2 Likes

Users doesn’t make any sense since you don’t “use” the game. And now there’s too much clutter in it.

For the clutter, i might need reduce the amount of buttons present. Particularly by removing controls for the camera, microphone, Self View & others

As for the part where it says Users instead of People, it makes a little bit sense to use in my opinion because it means:

• The visitors in that experience
  • The experience’s owner
  • Verified accounts joining that (if possible)
  • Official accounts (unlikely)
1 Like

but at least it’s now centered

This in-game menu redesign looks good! Nice job on it!

1 Like

it’s better than the current redesign where it’s just a slap-on one my version is a true redesign

Official accounts means people that are from Roblox themselves. Includes:

• Administrators
  • Interns
  • Localization Expert Group users
  • The Official Roblox Account

updated it once again!

1 Like