Feedback on my Karambit

Good day, comrades.

As part of continuing practice, enjoyment, and of a contact needing a unique knife model, I have modeled and textured a karambit. This knife in particular is a modern tactical karambit produced by Fox Knives in Italy. It has a foldable blade and a catch that allows for quick deployment from the pocket.

As my own personal touch, I have made this one appear as if a Russian patriot got his hands on it. He has scratched out the regular insignia on the knife and replaced it with the statements, “I fight for the Motherland!” and “For Vladivostok, my home and country!”. Due to the fact that the text isn’t easily read, the version I upload to Roblox likely will not have these on it.

I am primarily looking for feedback on the texturing, as this is only my second endeavor of texturing in Substance Painter without tutorial assistance. However, modeling defects should be pointed out if found.

Following are some renders; completed using Substance Painter’s Iray rendering engine.

Cheers.

20 Likes

gasps
That’s amazing! I can not see any flaw what-so-ever.
What is the triangle count?

Wow! Thats awesome! It looks liek the one in bhop but better

It looks so much like the real thing. It is really good.

The triangle count is north of 500k.

Clearly, this will only come to Roblox once their PBR texture support is finalized so I can use a normal map for a low-poly version.

1 Like

:scream: :ok_hand:
All I am thinking is displayed by those emoji’s

Haha, knife go stabby stab. :hocho:

In all fairness this looks amazing!

The karambit is actually bad for stabbing due to its curved blade.

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks superb! The only problem I see with it is importing that high quality of a mesh into roblox lol :flushed:

That will have to wait until PBR support is finalized.

it is very good and the knife texture is fantastic, the only thing is the lighting is a bit wonky

I actually never knew that. :hushed:

1 Like

That’s amazing, I love that so much!

Woahh. This is pretty cool. Good job. Keep up the work and can’t wait to see more!:+1: