Feedback on my latest gfx

Feedback on my lastest gfx?

Thanks.

21 Likes

Looks Really good! Lighting is really realistic and it kinda reminds me of the default windows xp wallpaper.

6 Likes

I really like it, especially the lightning, maybe add some more nature or keep it like that as it reminds me of the Windows XP Background in the background but I also like the grass, well done.

2 Likes

Nice job. It reminds of the windows XP background too. It may be the over exposure of the grass.

2 Likes

It looks really good, some things you could do to slightly improve it, is bring the bump map of the rock up a little so you can really see that chisel and depth of the rock. Also, the brightness of the grass feels a little too bright personally it’s a very neon-like greenish-yellow. Finally, the sky is fine just the clouds disappearing behind the grass kinda throws it off for me. But I love your rigging and lighting.

Great work!

1 Like

I like it, specially how the character matches with the scenario. This gfx its also perfect for a desktop wallpaper

1 Like

Looks alright so far, but here are a few tips you can improve on to make this render stand out.

I guess you’re using either Blender or C4D, however, If it’s possible, invest some cash into Octane Render to allow for realistic light scattering from a model of the sun.

Let me create a little list of tips for improvement, send your updated GFX in your post so we can see your updates on what you’ve done.

• Rock Texture is alright, however, go onto this website with free textures for enhanced fidelity. (Contact me if you see a surface you want and need it in 4K :slight_smile: )

• Remove the grass (Too bright and looks like playdough), use a plugin like SpeedTree or Forester to create realistic grass blades and add suitably vegetation (e.g., trees, bushes, plants, etc.)

• Rim Lighting on the face is too bright, adjust the way the light reflects off the front to allow a thin rim light and then add in post effects in Photoshop/Lightroom.

• Sky looks too artificial, suggest using an HDRI (High Dynamic Range Imagery) to have an integrated sky into the composition or find a suitable atmosphere from Unsplash.

• Add bloom onto the face, but not too much.

• If trees are added, use god/volumetric rays to enhance the light bleeding through the trees.

• Add some Depth of Field onto the camera, use this chart to help you with camera settings

Hopefully, this will help you.

2 Likes