Feedback on my low poly map

You mean terrain editor or blender by that?

Tons of triangles but lacking variety, good build, but it could use more types of trees and a bit more of color.

2 Likes

It’s a plug-in called terrain mesher

Oh alright I’ll take a look at it.

It’s very cool! I played this game and I liked it!

1 Like

I’ll add some more colors, buildings and a new background.

Thanks, I actually appreciate that.

Wait, it’s paid. I used the old one which costs 24 bobux.

Oh I think I know that, I’m not sure which is best, Atrazine or that, they’re both really good.

I’ve seen some really neat things created with Atrazine. This is one of them. This just goes to show that you don’t need to know how to use Blender to create low-poly maps!

Well, to be honest, I’m also learning blender because I can’t do a lot of stuff with Atrazine, just the terrain, it looks good not gonna lie, but it would be even better if made with blender.

2 Likes

Have you considered trying at least creating your own mesh, in order to change the formation and adding variation into them to reduce the repetition look?

Currently, there is just trees and rocks and repetitive terrain blocks the map which looks alright but I’m assuming you could add some little props around different shapes of rocks, try learning how to create certain things to look more natural. Add some formation into the blocky mountains try having some feature a different type of shape.

At the start it’s not bad but there is still areas that you could add some additional details around the empty corners and areas.

1 Like

I know that, I really need to learn blender, but I’m already on it.

A river spreading from one side to another, connecting with the pond would look great tho. And putting fences and a bridge across the river will give it a pleasant sight :smiley:

1 Like

That’s a really great idea, I’ll try to make something like that.

1 Like

It feels really barren. It could really benefit from difference in the map (forest, lake, hill, statue, fountain, houses/cabin, other…) as well as it’s lacking in color.
Perhaps mess around with lighting and add grass atop the rocks. Maybe even add a cave.

I’ve already added lightning (future), maybe you don’t notice that because the time is set at 2 O’clock, I wouldn’t know where to add a cave, since that’s just supposed to be a hill+ a lake, adding a statue in middle of nothing wouldn’t really look good, same thing goes for the fountain, I’ll add a hut near the lake as I said above, and more colors too. Still thank you for the suggestions.

I very much enjoy it, but it looks a bit plain, it seems like you only got like 2-3 of the same tree assets, 2 of the same bushes and a few rocks. Maybe you could add a different variety of assets? For example, different shades of trees, boulders, waterfalls? Overall, I like it a lot, but that would make it excellent.

1 Like

Yes, I’ll definitely look for more tree and bush meshes, I’ll add a low poly mountain on the background and I’ll try to add a waterfall to it, thank you for the advice.

1 Like