Feedback on my low poly map

Hello, in the last 24 hours I’ve been working on a low poly map, I’d love to hear some feedbacks and suggestions.
Completely handmade, except for trees and rocks, they’re meshes made by some trusted users.
Total time: 4 hours

Here’s the game link if you’re interested:

17 Likes

Very cool! I’m sure it would go perfect with some simulator game, Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate.

1 Like

I would consider adding more colour to the map. At the moment you have about 3 different contrasting colours (Green, Grey and blue). Try adding variations in these colours, for example using a wider range of greens for the trees and bushes, or even experimenting with more bold colours like orange or red for the leaves of the trees.

What you have so far is good, but it feels rather lacklustre and bland. It’s rather simple, I feel like you could add more to the scene or develop it more with a wider range of different elements. Maybe add some apples to a couple of the trees or placing a few rocks and sand around the lake for extra detail. You could make a small portion of a forest type area with more trees.

You should try to make different areas of the map feel unique, to add more depth to the entire scene.

4 Likes

I agree with what you said, but unfortunately I can’t really do anything about the meshes you see in there, as they’re not made by me. About the colors, I’ll surely add some more variations, I’ll also add some sand, thank you for the advices.

1 Like

Wow its very open. I like it but could you add some houses here or there?

2 Likes

I was planning to build a hut made with logs, I’ll get to it later.

2 Likes

This looks pretty good, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/63a937b5ca1adfe9f5afa5f7d80bbf04

It actually looks better, thank you, I’ll add more colors later.

1 Like

That looks amazing, I just recommend you changing the Walls to low poly walls so everything matches but anything other than that is good, keep it up mate.

1 Like

I tried to put smooth plastic but it didn’t look really good, so I put it back to concrete, thank you for the feedback.

I feel like you should make some sort of low poly mountains for the background like most simulator games have. Currently, the concrete doesn’t go with the rest of your build.

1 Like

Bit of nothing, I would add some houses and stuff if you are going for that. If you are just going for a hill, I would add a wider selection of trees and detail just alot more. Good work nethertheless.

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea, I think I will do it.

Yeah, I’m going to add a hut made of logs.

Looks nice! Try and add some logs, stone, dirt, weeds, grass, anything that gives the idea of: Imperfection but Perfection. That’s what nature’s all about! Also, I would add more variations of trees. Follow a blender tutorial or something. Overall, looks nice!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll add something like that.

You could use some small buildings to make it a way better showcase. Other than that it’s really good. And did you use blender for the terrain?

1 Like

Nope, I used a very useful plugin called Atrazine terrain, you should try it out, by the way thanks, as I said I’ll add some buildings later.

1 Like

I use terrain mesher, is it better than terrain mesher?