Feedback on my Low poly shop

Hello!

I am VeloctiyDeveloper, and I’m thinking about making a new game. I was just wondering if I could have your opinions on my Low Poly shop for my game! Thank you!

I tried to make the shop look as simple as it could, since I enjoy games with high detail, but for low poly I like to make the buildings look simple.

Here it is!

• Yes, I like it
  • No, I don’t like it.I think it needs work
  • I think that the paint should blend better

0 voters

Any criticism would help me a lot!

1 Like

I feel like the neon orange/red is a little to bright, and the top of the building is a little flat. It looks really good though!

1 Like

I think it would fit right into a simulator! My only suggestion is making the letters slightly thinner or adding a tiny bit more space, of course it is up to your preference but adding a tiny bit more space to me for the shop letters would improve the build a little,

2 Likes

Thank you so much for you’re feedback! I agree with you, I do think the building looks a little flat. I might add some low poly roof accessories. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I also agree, after taking a second look at it I think that the letters should be spaced out more too! I’ll get on it straight away!

I love the design of the shop. The building looks very polished and the quantity of color looks good usually low poly buildings tend to strive for more brighter colors consider adding a vibrant one instead of making it dull and plain but it doesn’t seem overdone. I love how you used a variety of different shapes on the model, it allows the shop to have more life and not just some plain approach.

However, I do recommend being mindful of the colours you select within your builds. Consider adding some design to the door as it seems quite empty try using a more white color for the shrines so it doesn’t blend in with the build, but having similar colours could be a problem for your future builds. I do believe there is a, color picker so you could find the color scheme you want.

Secondly, I am not a big fan of the door color on the shop. It looks a little bit out of place, I personally would just add a different color so it doesn’t look the same as the window frames. It’s a good build.

2 Likes

Thank you! I think you’re right about the colors, since I agree about how the door looks out of place. I might try a light grey and white, do you think that will work?

1 Like

Sorry for the late response!

What you can do is keep the door frame the same color, maybe consider throwing a glass material to the door, making it have a lighter color scheme would work better similar to a few reference images. I would also work on adding more lighter colors to your build instead of making it look dull maybe a few images could give you an idea on what I’m talking about. The shrines could use a white color on the windows.

2 Likes

Looka great. Try to make it taller/another floor + fix the door.

2 Likes