Feedback on my M16 gun model

Recently I’ve been busy learning to create cool GFXs and stuff, but I think I should take a short break from that… So yesterday I worked on a M16 gun, and it turns out pretty nice. Here’s a few pictures of it:

I’m not a pro blender user or modeler, but I tried my best on creating it. It took me about 3 hours to make it. I’d be happy to have some feedback from y’all, thank you for checking out! :happy3:

( I’m not accepting any commissions yet if you’re wondering :eyes: )

14 Likes

Looks pretty nice! Maybe you could add some more detail to the magazine, make it slimmer and change its color to a darker tone, so it looks like a “separate” part of the weapon. Also, for some extra detail, you could try to bevel the sharp edges of the weapon (mainly below the sight and around the grip area) by pressing CTRL + B (scroll wheel to add/reduce number of segments) after selecting the desired edges to smoothen them out. Looks great nonetheless!

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for your tips, it’s going to help me a lot!

1 Like

Looks great, but I would bevel the parts that I selected in the screenshot above. I would also shade it smooth and try to add other small details.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! I’ll try to improve it.

2 Likes

Hey, Do you have dizzy so we could talk possibly about you making me 9 weapons if you are up for it? If you aren’t still let me know if you have dizzy so we can talk if you would be interested later.

I’m pretty late to this, and you’ve probably improved, if not here are some things I would like to say: The gun itself is pretty bland, imo, it lacks details. And it’s kind of tough to say that since I struggle with that too, I have an m16 post if you’d like to see some details I added. Moreover, the sights at the top look a bit to squared off, and the colours are a bit off. So in general this is a solid 6/10c, could be better. I can see a lot of potential though.