Feedback on My Medieval Map

Hello everybody i have been making a game recently and got around to terrain, i found it helpful to draw this as a very basic sketch of what my games terrain and rivers would look like. Any thoughts, tips, and opinions are appreciated.(Feel free to be as critical as you see fit.)

i forgot to mention light green = plains, green = forest, dark green = swamp, the green by the desert is savannah, the sand is desert, grey is mountains, white is snow, light blue is ice, and blue is water.

Edit: Here is the topography i have made so far:

Whats the scale of this map compared to the player?

It will probably be a big map I’m thinking about having horse travel and a fast travel system using magic or something

Also there will be a lot of wildlife and enemies like orcs and fantasy creatures like that

I mean like how big is the roblox caracter in comparison to the map? Like could I walk like five studs to get to the other side? or would it be more like 50? or 500?

It would probably be pretty large I havnt made any of the terrain yet but I am making houses and villages that I can compare to the player so scaling shouldn’t be a problem

Ive see wacker minecraft terrain so I think it works!!

If you are planing on using the map as an exact refrence I would recomend using PureRef!

It allowes you to overlay your image over your roblox studio.

(you could just put the image on a part and build the terrain over it but If your map is bigger than the max size then that might not work (unless you feel like messing around with texture ofsets and scales))

I gotta map the elevation and paths but I’ll be sure to try that program, thanks for the feedback

1 Like