Feedback on my models

Hey there, I just wanted to show these models that I’ve created and I would like to hear your feedback on them.

Photos

Thank you,
sam

5 Likes

They look good, I would maybe add some texture to them and for the 10th screenshot I don’t know what that’s supposed to be. Also I would get rid of the glowing orange on the 7th screenshot.

looks good, the 10th screen shot looks like a blood tree

and the 7 th screen shot fits some gloomy forest with flamejant aspect

Some look “simple,” as they are made only using Roblox Studio (I presume?), but there are some of them that look really good. I even got impressed with some of them, like with the shrubs of image 4, at how creative the design is, combining different block sizes and colors to make it actually look realistic and good.
Others I loved were images 7, 9, 10, and 11. The creativity in these astounded me. Congrats.
If you ever want more detail or whatnot, go to Blender; however, with creative designs like the ones I mentioned, I’d say you’re good for now.

1 Like

Simple, but I like them. The trees especially have a nice design to them. Are these for a game?
I might agree with the_king66, some texture would be neat. Nothing crazy detailed, but something to make them a bit more interesting.
Alternatively, I would recommend keeping the style of using bricks to add some extra detail than trying to apply a decal; like how you added white cubes to the tops of the red mushrooms instead of using a decal. It would require more manually placing pieces, but I think it would look great with how most of your screenshot items look.

Not sure if you have ever seen a game called Fantastic Frontier on Roblox, but almost everything in that game aside from the terrain and UI stuff is made just from various solid color blocks and planes and other primitive shapes, with almost no decal textures. If you have the time, I would recommend playing it for a bit and just seeing how the devs created the detail in their builds with only bricks and such.

Unless you do want to apply a decal texture, then I would say to still keep them simple looking, sort of like a cartoony or cel-shade style.
This is what I think just looking at these. Not sure what exactly you are building these for, so my recommendations could be totally off. Keep up the work though :+1:

1 Like

These mostly small models are quite cute and simple, it’d be useful for a low-poly game though as everyone else has said, it could use some texture if you had wanted to make that type of game. Simplicity can be good for games.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll make sure to check that game out. I’ll also try and use some textures. Also yes, I’m going for a blocky simplistic style. I’m building these for a large terrain in which you can explore various biomes and collect resources. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
– sam

1 Like