Feedback on my new cartoony low-poly house

So uh, this is my second time posting. On my previous post I asked you guys how you like the curves I made on the cabin. Someone told me that this would be good for a cartoony low-poly house. I attempted to make one, so here it is!

House

Please leave harsh feedback, as I am new to dev forum and I need feedback.

UPDATED VERSION

Completed house

3 Likes

You mean don’t? Also welcome to Dev Forums. Your build is very good but why foes some parts look out of place.

What I mean by harsh feedback is that I need people to not butter up their comments saying that its really good when they really thinks it’s pretty bad.

Also please add on to your “Parts out of place”

1 Like

I mean like try smoothing out some of these parts ef38805d0067f3a5d789ac195df06884a7dc9649%20(1)

But then again not everything can’t be good on there first build, another then that I love the house :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It looks pretty simple (I’m guessing that’s what you’re going for, right?) I’d tone down the brightness of the windows and add a roof and maybe a chimney (?)

1 Like

Seems It just needs a roof to be good.

I am attempting to make a roof

roof

I am not sure whether I should outline the roof or not

1 Like

Make the roof in a different color. It’s gonna look a lot better.

Any good color ideas?
I’m open to suggestions.

Anything that isn’t blue… whatever that’s not in the same shade of walls as the walls.

Okay thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

The roof should be darkish red

My opinion

Users unintentionally mislead others because they’re afraid criticism might spark controversy.

There are times I don’t critique others solely due to fear of what I say negatively affecting my eligibility for developers exchange.
Another theory is how humans have shifted their behavior over time, we used to be toxic/edgy whereas now we’re obsessed with positivity
So thank for you requesting constructive criticism as I would’ve been hesitant to give it without the disclaimer.

questions every builder must ask themselves before presenting it to the public
  • Did you actually invest time into the build or did you rush the finished product?
  • DO you think the finished product is good at it’s present state? You’ve got to remain unbiased with your creations if you want to achieve any amount of personal growth.
  • Would you mind playing a game that had this house on display? Would this house be essential eye candy to keep you entertained?
  • Do YOU believe you’ve familiarized yourself with the basics of building?

As for the build itself, it’s rather bland in my opinion so there isn’t much to critique aside from offering alternative architecture designs to base it off of.

Examples of Cartoony houses

)

1 Like

No. Many users unfortunately can’t take criticism or the fact that people can disagree with them which leads to mass false reportings. Doesn’t really put a toll on your account til a moderator takes action but it’s annoying.

In the past, I’ve been warned that my passive-aggressive tone isn’t acceptable behavior on the forums.

While this could be paranoia, I minimize my fears by remaining silent on controversial topics 99% of the time browsing threads. There’s far too many oversensitive users in this community to make me feel comfortable with critiquing more often. I love to help people however when I get many hints that my behavior could jeopardize my eligibility that’s when I start to feel as if I’m walking on a minefield having to be cautious with every move I make.

While it’s possible this response could get me in trouble since we’re supposed to handle OT conversations in DMs, I feel it’s necessary that other aspiring developers should be aware of the potential risks behind critiquing others. While I might not be terminated or removed from the developer forums for this, I could easily face bias in future developer exchange requests as the decision is based off of good behavior. While others may deny this, Roblox does openly express favoritism and it’s in our best interests to not give them a valid reason to dislike us.

1 Like

Well put. Even though this topic should be in a DM, i enjoyed reading it. I have felt the same way about these things before

Hey Shookler,

My Honest Opinion

Opinion: Reminds me quite a bit of the houses from Doctor Seuss, so I’m going to add more detail and definition into that theme because that’s what I think you’re basing your concept off of.

Next time add your concept art | Tell us the direction of the house

My Suggested Concept Art:

Art: image

Onto the Feedback

• First and foremost, it’s plain, and is deprived of detail.
  • The chimney is linear and perfectly straight as opposed to the curves of the house, it lacks consistency and a defined style/direction.
  • Window colors contrast too much with the house, the color’s are working blending together.
  • There’s little to zero color contrast of blues in the house, it’s a solid block of blue with windows, it doesn’t have the characteristics expected of any house, let alone structure.
  • Maybe try implementing the details found in the concept I posted to your own discretion.

It doesn’t feel complete because of the above factors.

Conclusion

Regardless of the long way your house has to go before it looks better, you started and not everyone can say that. Good luck.

[Message 2]

@PurpSinister

To address your worries, I agree with you when you present the concern of how you’d need to “sugarcoat” your responses. I just want to remind you that ROBLOX can distinguish between constructive criticism and hate speech, you can and should be firm and direct, the only instance when you’d step over the line is when you condescend and disregard someone’s ability or potential ability. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk haha, but seriously we can still fulfill the expectations of the Developer Forum and ROBLOX’s expectations for community tolerance without sacrificing constructive and genuinely helpful criticism.

And for Everyone Else Reading

A nice comment is not a critique nor constructive feedback

Don’t get me wrong, they’re nice but you’re subjecting others to a form of confirmation bias and taking away from the purpose of the DeveloperForum: a reference and tool for others.

A nice comment is fine every so often, but you should have genuine advice and harsh criticism all the time because people want and need it to grow as artists. Ok my TedTalk is over haha.

Conclusion

Thanks for your concern though man, this is a real issue in our community.

1 Like

I like it, it looks like a funhouse that you could use in a circus game or something. Pretty good!

I can see some potential with this build. I think that you should try to give your roof a different color, maybe dark brown? For your door, I think it would be nice to make your door have a straight line rather than wiggily look. You still had great potential tho!

2 Likes