Feedback on my new game

HELLO Developers i have something for you today a BETA TEST VERSION of my new Roblox Game Find the Pens, it’s kinda like find the markers but with pens

so anyways this game is almost done and i would love to hear your feedback on how the game is going so far

game icon and Thumbnail made by @NullUsxr
so yeah come check it out if you get a chance
Find The Pens. - Roblox

this game will be done at the end of june. or the Start of July
if you wanna talk about the game a little more join the discord server

or the GUILDED server

this game also uses a Guilded Webhooks and Discord Webhooks

4 Likes

i have fix the bug where it kicks you when you join

1 Like

did you even play it to see if its good or not

1 Like

He’s made a point, he doesn’t need to play the game. It’s unoriginal (hinted by the game name) meaning it’s less likely to succeed.

3 Likes

Id like to say after playing the game its still un original, even having a marker from find the markers. and the ui on mobile is overwhelming to me, as well as in general. My point still stands, but its honestly good building and ui, but it definitely needs improvement. Its definitely less likely to succeed and get decent playerbase. I would like to apologize for the recent post with me judging the game by its title not by its content.

1 Like

There’s actually many games based off of games such as Find The Markers. Games like Find the Doggos and Find the Pandas have succeeded yet get their inspiration and title from Find the Markers. Do not underestimate these games. Just because they have the same title doesn’t mean it’s unoriginal. The “Find the” category has honestly just became a genre of it’s own, having many games include the some of the same functions and aspects of Find the Markers.

First of all, I think you could’ve been a bit more considerate before stating such a broad opinion. Don’t just say nobody without knowing what you’re getting into. I’ve seen some questionable find the games appear with hundreds of players after little effort. Find The Pens could even be picked up by a YouTuber and then it takes off. Who knows. In fact, one famous youtuber by the name of Kreekcraft has actually admitted to likely these types of games.

I want you guys to realize that you shouldn’t judge a game by it’s title. It doesn’t mean it’s a copy, or unoriginal. Just because it has similar feature to another find the game doesn’t make it unoriginal game because that’s the point of these type of games, finding things!

I would’ve looked up “Find the” in the Roblox Discover page before assuming this is just an unoriginal copy of Find The Markers.

8 Likes

You are the best thank you for sticking up for me and my game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reading those comments was so annoying. They said it was a copy from Find The Markers. However that wasn’t even the first of its genre, it just happened to take off unlike the others. I also agree with pretty much everything you stated within this post, nice to see someone not being so toxic to an innocent person.

3 Likes

Mhm, as a matter of fact, I was actually going to mention that since I believe Find the Domos and Find the Chomiks were one of the originals.

1 Like

hmm i did not know that good to know :slight_smile:

Actually very valid points. If you like “find the” kind of games, this one will sure satisfy that itch and fulfill its function. It could do with some refinements ofc, but it is good enough to stand on its own too. I agree with your comment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah he should know he had access to this game for a month or so

But you were asking for opinions on your game.

1 Like

I know. They need to stop saying it’s a copy of FTM. Every game has his own cool idea

1 Like

I don’t usually waste time on copy-paste games, but I decided to play your game open-mindedly, honestly trying to enjoy it and give objective feedback.

1. Player can hold shift to run faster, but it also turns on/off shiftlock everytime, which was annoying.
  2. There are some unreachable buildings on the edge of your map, which look like they’re just stuck in the air, not even hovering like flying islands, just plain anchored there. Maybe player can teleport there from somewhere, and inside it maybe looks ok, but until then it looks very ugly.
  3. After finding the amazon pen, a plain white gui popped on the screen with nothing on it.
  4. After teleporting from start building to a closed room with pen, I couldn’t teleport back, the proximity prompt didn’t work. That’s where I ended the game.

Yes, at this point it is nearly impossible to come up with completely original game ideas, all the possible genres have been already made, but when people say your game is an unoriginal copy, they’re absolutely right, here’s why.

PUBG and Fortnite weren’t exactly inventers of the genre, there were lots of games before where last player surviving wins, some very much like those two games (many of this games I mentioned were developed after being inspired by “Hunger Games” movies. But PUBG and Fortnite became so popular, because while having the same idea/being the same genre, they offered some unique aspects and insanely high quality.

Forza isn’t the first open world race game, but again, it offers high quality and some unique features.

Your game isn’t the first “Find The” game, yet it offers absolutely no unique features, is not appealing at all (buildings look ugly, randomly placed, unexplorable, pointless), and overall has a low quality.

Yes, you may be incredibly lucky, 1 in 10 000 chance says that some big youtuber will see and play your game, after which it will gain a very brief popularity. A very small percent of players will like your game, and an even smaller percent may think of spending some money in your game (Highly doubt that).

Instead of taking honest feedback as an offence to you or your game, you should be open minded about it, and understand that those honest feedbacks are saving you from utter disappointment, and possibly from spending tons of money on advertising that will not make your game succeed anyway.

You can consider this game as a fine learning experience, and work harder and smarter on your next game, which hopefully, if it will be original or offer unique features or be of high quality, will succeed.

Good Luck!

Personally, I think the game idea is trash
Even if it manages to get players it will die in 1-hour max
There’s no lure except for finding the pen
Give the players a reason to play and keep playing
It has no potential for growth as I see it currently
The scripting isn’t all that bad but the gameplay makes me want to exit immediately
But I still played nonetheless in order to give a complete and honest review
If this was offending I’m glad because it needs to be
the game should change drastically else it won’t ever be played

3 Likes

Advise: Roblox Devforum Mods could take your post down case of Social Links. (not releated to the feedback but I just wanted to let them know.)

1 Like

I already realized that i judged this incorrectly. I played the game and found that it was good. It has potential and my post was at most rude and incorrect to state without playing said game first. I apologize to the owner, as well as saying good work so far, and i hope it does well.

2 Likes

I said Find The Markers because its the first find the game that comes to mind. Also, there is literally a marker in the find the pens game that you can find. Althought that doesnt mean anything, Find The Markers is the first that comes to mind.

1 Like

That is true, post will social links usaully get taken down (specifically on the help and feedback category)