Feedback on my new game!

Hey, can you guys please give me feedback on my first game! Thank you!

4 Likes

I think it looks cool, but a very long loading screen, but it was cool!

I got stuck on the Shop for some reason - my mouse locked and I couldn’t click out of the shop till I clicked and item and then clicked on cancelling the purchase?

I think its a good start! I just wish I could have gotten past the first level - I stink at obbys. lol

I like the atmosphere with the rain and thunder!

1 Like

Hey, Thank you for your feedback!
Yes I agree with the loading screen so i might fix that but for the shop glitch its many games. You just click O or the letter i to zoom in or out.
Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

As of right now, I fixed the loading screen problem. I removed the loading screen and i think it should be fine. Thanks!

1 Like

Okay, great I"m going to play again and check it out!

I still think the shop needs to be fixed. That’s not the ideal behavior. and I can’t zoom out, once its loaded. My only option is to click an item to buy it and then click cancel.

Okay I stepped on areas where there’s absolutely no mines placed and i’m still being blown up. lol. But I got a little further!

1 Like

i think if you activate modal in one of the gui objs it would fix

the game looks decent but its inconsistent in various ways.

first of all, the thumbnails:
some assets looks like they were taken from google or straight up ai generated. also the text in both thumbnails looks a bit weird.

the badges and gamepasses:
same as the thumbnails, it seems like they were taken from google and you didn’t do them yourself.

in-game:
the lobby doesn’t look too polished.

the trees look weird and out of place. the lights are a bit janky too.
i also think the spawn is a bit random. it looks kinda sci-fi when the rest of the things aren’t.

btw the head of the dummy on the donation board is anchored. just a small detail i noticed.

wjkdfkjasbdf

lastly, the obbys in general needs to be a bit more polished.
also, the lava after some time becomes an eye sore because of how much it contrasts between things.

now, what would i change about the game??

let’s start from the beginning: the game icon and thumbnails.
first of all i’d pick a better font because it looks ugly as it is right now.

these are some examples of fonts you could use to pick the players attention. color should be taken into account too. i recommend you find the right color palette so not only the text looks good, but the swords as well. i personally think you should use roblox linked swords rather than some random ones you found on google.

for the thumbnails i think you should put images of the obby itself rather than what you have right now.
the first time i saw them i was weirded out because of the use of ai and the text itself. you could also include scenes of players fighting etc.
at the corner you could put the logo of the game or smth like that.

another thing i wanted to add was the name of the game: it is too complex.
if a player sees the name i don’t think they would be clicking on it. the name should be catchy and really just summarize the whole game idea.
here are some simple name ideas: Obby Mayhem, Obby Fighting, Parkour Madness
you could also just call it “PVP Obby”. make sure to remember than the main thing you should be focusing on in this case is the game icon.

moving onto the gameplay:
i think the gameplay as it is is pretty good. the thing is its a bit hard to add the pvp aspect to the obby itself.

i personally think the game would be better with a round system:
every current stage could be randomly generated and it would go up to 10 stages, every stage having an even better gear that you could use to fight other players with. you could try having a bar to the left showing the players positions like tower of hell.

also, you could have trails, skins, or smth like that for customization. also another way to monetize the game.

lastly, if you’d be having this round system you could add more stats each with a leaderboard in the lobby. for example: Wins, Deaths, Score, etc

i think this game can become an awesome game with the right marketing and mechanics.
also remember to take everything i said with a pinch of salt. i made games like these too and they didn’t take off like i expected. i just wanted to say what i think you can better about the game.

btw sorry for writing so much :skull::skull:

Omggg Thank you so much! Like really!
Thanks for all the feedback, i will try to put it in. Ty Ty.
So for the thumbnail, I took what you told me. So yes, I did use Ai because im very bad with thumbnails.
So i decided to make my first one today with Photopea!

Can you give me feedback on what you think about it? Thank you a bunch!!