Feedback on my new game

Before you go and dislike my game, this is not related to the gameplay of Sol’s RNG (a hot topic currently indeed).

Hello, I would like some feedback on my newest kinda rng game (which took over 5 months to make by myself). The game is mainly about crafting Orbs using a machine then fight evil blocks, then you can upgrade the machine to produce better Orbs.

Some images of the game if you’re too lazy to click the game link:

So now I need you devforum users to share your opinions on my game (and roast it, if possible). Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I’ve been testing the game for about 10 minutes and I see a lot of similarities with Item Factory, which is pretty cool.

I only realized I was in a tutorial after going to the main island, so maybe add a popup asking the player if they want to do the tutorial or make it more noticeable, other than that great game!

Also, you should improve your thumbnails to attract more players, it’s kinda hard to see the game title from the icon, due to the colors.

I see a lot of potential here, keep it up. :wink:

EDIT:
Apparently if you teleport home while talking to the NPC, the base doesn’t load until you complete the dialogue, I don’t know if this is intentional or not.

2 Likes

Hi, i played the game for a bit and it was pretty cool but i have some feedback. First would be the thumbnail, i think you should try use a youtube tutorial (if you want to diy) because the current thumbnail doesnt really pop out amongst the sea of other games. Second, i recommended making the ui more consistent and scaled for other devices. Find a style because the ui felt all over the place. Third is the map. Its really bare bones and would deter most new players from playing. Good luck on your game. Also just wondering have you sponsored the game yet?

2 Likes

Most people who haven’t played the genre before don’t know what to do, so it is necessary to guide them (the game has low new user retention but high returning user retention)

I’m not really an artistic person so I’m not very good at those. I’ll try to improve as I can’t hire anyone yet.

Yea it’s a bug I will fix that later

1 Like

Can you explain more about this?

No, I don’t think it’s ready yet

About the ui, on mobile the buttons are really small and hard to press, and the style changes between different frames (like the npc dialogue).