Feedback on my new game

Hello, I have created this game in 3 days and I’m looking for some feedback on the game. Specifically feedback that answers these questions:

1. Was there anything that made you want to leave?
  2. What made you want to continue playing?
  3. Will you come back to the game tomorrow? (explain why, if possible)
  4. Was the tutorial easy to understand?
  5. Is there anything I can improve on?

Any other feedback is also welcome! and do not hesitate to post negative feedback, it will only make the game better in the end :slight_smile:

Here’s the game link:
:fire:burn stuff for money - Roblox

2 Likes

After playing for about 30 mins, the gameplay got stale to me. Well, it did before reaching 30 mins, but I wanted to keep pushing to see as much as I could. The CoreLoop of the game is good I think. Burn stuff, buy stuff, repeat until rebirth.

I’m glad to see there’s data saving. That means people can come back, the daily rewards are cool too. The game is a “turn your brain off” kind of game I think. Maybe you could market it that way.

I guess unlocking new things to burn. Maybe different kinds of fire would help with it feeling a lot of the same. :person_shrugging:

If I remember, sure! I’d like to see the red fire. :>

Outside of giving feedback, I don’t think it’s entirely what I enjoy. I mean no disrespect, but this game feels like a game to play when I don’t know what else to play. (if that makes sense).

Kind of. Most of it made sense. I’d read something, get confused for a second, look around the world/UI and then go “oh” occasionally. I’ll link a video of me playing if that helps to see where I got stuck for a bit. You can ignore the rest of the video or watch in x2 speed. :sweat_smile:

More fire options, more stuff to do in the spawn area/in general (small obby maybe?), and maybe an updated tutorial. The UI design is great. I noticed the leaderboard near the spawn has a UICorner that’s quite large; and I’d personally make that smaller, but that’s preference.

List of things for the description:

• The description of the game has “tags” when Roblox asks developers to not do that.

• “get rich” feels redundant because “get money” is already said. I’d say one of them, not both.

• The “lagging?” part doesn’t need to be there I think.

• The line “use money to burn items and get rich!” can replace the “burn stuff”, “get money!”, and “get rich” I think. Redundant to have both the line and the list when they say the same thing.

There could also be more thumbnails for the game maybe. There’s only one.

1 Like

Thank you for this, you have provided very valuable feedback and the video is definitely going to help me understand your experience & to improve the game.

I agree with all of the points you’ve made and will be making changes to the game within the coming days based on this feedback. I’ll write up a reply with the changes once they’ve been published.

It is more of a “turn your brain off” kind of game, and it’s also intended for a younger audience of U13’s so I completely get this.

I’m a little conflicted on this one. I could add a fire shop (with different kinds of fire, as you mentioned) or I could make it so that you unlock different fires as playtime rewards.

I’m thinking playtime rewards, as this would likely boost playtime, and I also think that a fire shop could potentially mean that the players are overloaded with too many different features/things for them to upgrade/buy (because they already need to upgrade their spawn limit, rebirth, buy new lighters and buy/spawn items).

Do you have any opinions on which route to take here? (open to different approaches as well of course, if you have any)

1 Like

Totally agree with the playtime incentive and that fire shouldn’t be bought. Additionally, I think the fire should be purely aesthetic. I only bring up the fire because the visuals stay very similar, so changing the fire can change a feeling of stagnation maybe. The flamethrower and whatnot (the ability to buy different lighters) is enough for the buying aspects of things.

Speaking of lighters, I forgot I could do that in most of my gameplay (as might be obvious in the video). A reminder for the player when they have enough to buy the next best lighter would be nice.

1 Like