Feedback on my new icon!

Greetings, everyone! I made a new icon today and I would love to hear your opinion! I still haven’t improved my text-making skills so I’ll upload it with and without text this time as well. Thanks in advance!

With text

14 Likes

Looks really good! Not so convinced with the text though - it doesn’t fit in with the graphic. Maybe try a different font, ensure it has got more padding at the bottom and maybe change the colour.

3 Likes

I agree, thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

1 Like

Genius way to put your username watermark on your icon so no one can easily manipulate it out.

Good GFX, simplistic design with good graphics. Making the text a bit higher and a different color will really sell it off. Nice work!

1 Like

Exactly! I noticed that it is too easy to remove 1 watermark so this came to my mind, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow that looks so good i love the lighting. However, for the one with text the text is a bit tall, and I also don’t like the bevel effect on the text, but that’s my opinion.

1 Like

your work is amazing <3 keep it up
I hope to be like you one day

1 Like

It looks great! I just think you should make the sun a little less bright.

1 Like

yes the sun is a little bite to bright

1 Like

Really nice! There’s a few things you could work on though.

1. Lighting. To me the lighting seems too bright. It feels like the characters should all be blind from the brightness. Try lowering the brightness of the sun on the characters to make it appear to be more natural.

2. Texturing. I really like the geometric feel in the terrain, but I think it’s too simplistic. The amount of green and lack of other colours in the terrain makes it seem odd. If you could add in some other shades of green or browns that would be great. The whole GFX seems too warm and bright. By bringing in darker colours and a wider range of tones then the piece would work better. I also think that adding certain texturing to little bits of the picture, it would bring it out more. Adding in more clouds or a mountain or something like that would give the GFX depth.

I made this image to show how this would change how the GFX looked and to show my points a bit clearer.

It’s a really nice render and looks really great, this is just what I think could improve the quality a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much, I totally agree! :smile:

That’s so nice of you, I really appreciate it! :grin:

Thanks for the feedback, I agree! :slight_smile:

Mhm, I noticed late but that’s fine. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the wonderful feedback! I agree with everything, but for the colors I followed the customer’s wish. But I still agree with everything and it is much appreciated! :smiley:

Any time! Just seen your portfolio and you’re really talented! Glad I could help!

1 Like