Feedback on my new sword fighting and steal time experience!

On Christmas Eve, I created a sword fight and steal time game where you can fight other players with a normal sword, gain time, purchase swords, flex time and swords, be the best, etc.

This experience doesn’t promote any violence or anything bad, it’s just an experience that allows players to flex off their time like points, and swords. You can also team up with others to farm time. Lot’s to do.

I am currently working towards growing this experience and I don’t make too much Robux at the moment so I run ads for like 7 Robux.

I hope that you all love this experience and let me know of anything I should improve, add or remove/update, I appreciate it!

Furthermore, I hope for you all to share this experience or this post!

Sword Fight and Steal Time From Others | GAME LINK

Images of the experiece

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.27.09
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.27.35
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.26.31

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.27.01
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.26.57
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.26.48
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.27.21
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.27.28
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.27.16
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 22.27.12

4 Likes

To be honest, there is not a lot to say about the game itself simply from the lack of originality. There are tons of other games with the same premise and game play as yours. The game is nothing special really.

You should try to incorporate your own ideas into the game if you want to grow it. It’s not going to see any momentum if you don’t branch out from previously established roots. Perhaps you can move away from the traditional sword fighting aspect and add in custom animations for the sword swing as well as abilities. You know how the Roblox swords such as firebrand, illumina, ghostwalker, etc, all have these cool powers? You can take that and expand and polish it with your game, albeit it may not be the direction you want to go.

I suggest populating the map with obstacles. Trees around the map would be nice to see. Maybe you can add differing levels of terrain so the map is not entirely flat. However, please try to keep a style in mind. The tree sitting in the middle in no way fits with your game.

The UI can definitely use some work. The images below are too blown up and low quality, not to mention the top button is squashed.
RobloxPlayerBeta_1hDSLhwPbU

Make use of the UIListLayout’s ability to separate the users on the leaderboards. They are too compact compared to the donation board:

RobloxPlayerBeta_2rnwqegyV2

In the shop, keep the TopNavbar’s corner radius roughly the same as the body UI itself. You should also bring down the CornerUI’s strength.
RobloxPlayerBeta_HMbIwQYJSD

Please center the GridLayout below:

If you have any questions or need further help, feel free to message me!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I did actually use some ideas of other sword fighting games and I’m not a skilled scripter so like I can edit written scripts but I have two other friends who help sometimes.

I actually am very bad at thinking of ideas, so please do let me know if you have any other suggestions!