Feedback on my obby

Hi, so me and my friend have been working on this game and still, it’s in development and not finish but most likely close to finishing it, I made a post on this a few months ago as I want more feedback for it.

Not just that you do obbies in it, you can fight bosses!

Game link: Gem World 💎 [Beta] - Roblox

5 Likes

Why didn’t you build your game in the same places? I feel like the starting place is a little too empty. Maybe add more islands to fill the skies. When you spawn at first in the obby, there’s a floating sign that shows the stage information. Did you make the sign move up and down by simply changing its position in a loop? If so, try using TweenService to animate it, since you can tell that its movements aren’t very smooth.

When you first enter the “play” portal, I don’t like how the screen just instantly blackens. Try to make a smoother transition. A simple fix could be to make the screen fade to dark.

Other than that, the designs are great. I like the idea of fighting bosses (haven’t gotten to one yet), but yeah. Overall, not bad first-impression.

1 Like

thanks, I would agree with you making the sign move smoother, and I’ll edit them later

there separate places because there will be different modes in the future

1 Like

The game is quite fun to play! I found it easy enough to progress while also maintaining a stimulating experience that made it not-boring. Personally, in an overall context, the game itself is a really good game and I can’t wait for you to finish it! It’s something I would definitely tell my friends about.

The only things I could say for feedback is to make the levels longer and removing the death sequence and instead replacing it with the common death/reset sequence. It felt like it dragged on for too long and the players would probably be annoyed if they kept dying and having to go through that over and over.

Thanks for playing this, although I think your right with the death sequence, I will also edit it later on

1 Like

This is a really fun and Unique obby game and I really like it!

bur one thing ive noticed is that every five seconds for me the fps goes down to 1-9 and it really skews with the gameplay. It may be on my end though

ah, I just realized that after testing the game and I figured it out that it was something with the feedback system, and thanks for playing! glad you like it

1 Like

i like how it has a low poly style, i’ve encountered 2 things I do not like though

1. some of the paths are like overlapping each other so it’s gliching (you can fix this by making one of the paths like 0.01 studs bigger)

2. instead of crediting someone for being an “idea helper” it should say “advisor” instead

With cartoony graphics, it fits well for my game, also Thanks for playing the game! and ill fix it later on

The game itself is fairly enjoyable, I could see myself playing it in my free time or just when I’m bored of everything else. Some suggestions I have is in the Settings menu there’s a specific setting I’d add. And that setting is toggling jump sound effects (or you could just make it mostly all in-game sound effects), but the jumping sound effect gets extremely annoying just after a few minutes of gameplay and can discourage players from playing longer.

I don’t know if the UI buttons are placeholders or not, but the icons inside of the buttons are very blurry compared to the text under them. I also noticed that the icons don’t have any sort of shadow and/or outline like every TextLabel in the game does, this could also be adjusted to fit the games UI theme a little bit better and just add an overall better look to the game visually.

When displaying the Skip Stage GUI, it vaguely states “You must play this game for a certain amount of time”. I think it would be nice for players to actually know exactly how long that certain amount of time actually is.

Another thing that could potentially bother players is how spread out each stage is from each other. Yeah there are a couple of stages back to back but the majority of them are spread out are far each other. (Mainly talking about the first set of stages)

The cutscenes seem to be a bit too long and on top of that you can’t skip them, implementing a Skip feature to cutscenes will speed up gameplay and engage players more by just have to the ability to skip the cutscenes to actually continue playing the game.

Forcefields can easily be abused to walk through entire levels without taking any sorts of damage, as it is a forcefield after all. Fixing this would be easy as all you would have to do is set the Forcefield durations to 0 in the SpawnLocation’s properties.

Overall, I had a nice experience with the game there’s not too many bugs or vulnerabilities to be worried about. Nothing really out of the ordinary in dev console other than a few HD Admin errors, but those can easily be fixed. Within the few minutes I played the game I didn’t find myself getting too bored. But I do feel as if most people (especially those with short time spans, which is the majority of the platform) would easily get bored based on how unnecessarily big some of the stages are for such a short amount of obstacles. Some players typically want a more fast-paced game, especially when it comes to obbies. Anyways, that’s all I got for now. I wish you luck with your games progress.

The icons for the buttons was use by a plugin as the icon is blurry because it is from the icon grid image, and thanks for playing and your suggestions!