Feedback on my portfolio headers

Hi there, I’m posting here to get feedback on my portfolio headers. Please give me as much criticism as you want :smiley:

Set A

Headers

Sadly when I export these, they don’t come out how I like them so I’m never going to be able to use them on a portfolio.

Set B

Headers

These are some material design ones that I’ve made recently:

Set C

Headers

These are some with my avatar on:

Set D

Headers

These are my oldest headers:

Set E

Headers

These are probably some of my least favourite headers:

Set F

Headers

These are probably some of my best headers, huge thanks to @cxmeels btw for suggesting this amazing plugin in Figma which makes stuff easier for these headers and the next few headers:

Set G

Headers

Not much else to describe the remaining headers:

Set H

Headers

Set I

Headers

I appreciate you guys looking through and giving feedback, thank you :smiley:

7 Likes

set a is best yes set a is best!

1 Like

Awww thanks, it’s a shame it ends up like this when exporting:

About Me Triangle Texture@0.5x

Aww, that’s a shame. Try cropping the photo a bit.

Set B is the best for sure, I really like it!

Set B is more ‘colorful’ that’s why I like it more!

1 Like

It’s really a tie between Set A and Set B, both are so good!

Yeah, I’d have to screenshot it which would be pretty annoying.

Material Design always looks great

Awww thanks :smiley:

Go for set B. They look :fire:

2 Likes

I’d love to use my own icons for set B but I think they might make it worse though [insert oof emoji here].

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

2 Likes

Personally I like set D and set B I know set D is the oldest one but it looks more appealing

I would add a poll, to see what the people who don’t reply feel.

Which One Is Best?
  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • E
  • F
  • G
  • H
  • I

0 voters

I personally like A and B (A feels very dark, especially if you are on light mode). B probably pops more on any mode.

Yeah, it’s bright and colourful and the others are only single colour

I like Set B a lot. It’s just colorful and I like how you put icons to represent each section.

1 Like

Heyo, Set A is nice, but Set B is better. However, Set B does have a few flaws that can easily be fixed. 1. The material design icons are great, but there are some guidelines to follow that don’t NEED to be followed, and no one will bully you for not using them, but overall they can make your design feel as clean as the icons themselves. Color. Color palettes are your friend. The official material design website provides some great guidelines for color picking Material Design. Next, Icons. google states “System icons are designed to be simple, modern, friendly, and sometimes quirky. Each icon is reduced to its minimal form, expressing essential characteristics”.

There are some inconsistencies as a mixture of solid and stroked icons. The contact icon with the red text and the about me both contain the silhouette of a person, but one is stroked and the other is solid. Next, Typography. The typeface is a sans serif one, maybe Roboto, Poppins, or some other popular Google Font (since lunacy uses Google Fonts). It gives me the feeling of bold and serious. Might I suggest Montserrat as it is a pretty clean typeface, and gives a bold look while still keeping a playful one. Google fonts has a ton of fonts to choose from. Also, the outlines on the text that gives a 3D look interferes with the overall vibe and makes the entire header look childish. The removal of it makes the text stick out more than the outline will. Next Gradients. Gradients are an art, and it takes many amount of terrible ones to make the perfect one. Use of gradients here are good, but could be better. Google provides some good guidelines for color with material design Material Design. and you might find this article about the do’s and don’ts of gradient design useful Design better gradients — Dos and Don’ts | by Nick Devashvili | UX Collective. and last but not least, size. The size of the text and icons could be smaller and the text is a little overwhelming and covers a large part of the screen. Overall, great headers, but with a little more work, they could be amazing. It’s alot of work for headers, but if you put that amount of work into your headers, it shows future employers your work ethic and drive for perfection

1 Like

B & D looks amazing!

D is just so colourful that it makes it outstanding like that since it’s more visual

B looks well made since it has the icons of the payment, review, etc!

Those two are just outstanding.

Great job I’m sure it’ll be perfect for your portfolio header.

Your definitely the first one to give me some serious criticism. I also don’t think everything’s aligned correctly in set B however I’ll definitely look at making those changes :blush:

I’m using Segoe UI right now lol

Yeah, I have to make a good impression

I chose my portfolio header ages ago lol

Using Set C atm

1 Like