Feedback on my Portrait

Hey, guys XA_TE here, I have recently got into making portraits. I’m looking towards making ROBLOX based portraits. So before I start actually commissioning them, I would like some feedback on my first personal portrait I made.

Portrait

Thanks,
XA_TE

15 Likes

It looks amazing. I love the colors and the shading, the amount of details. Keep it up!

1 Like

the colors and form is great and VERT defined!!! excellent choice of colors!
the hair seems a bit too shiny, though. highlights seem to be put all over the place, and feel as if they don’t have flow (aside from the bangs, those feel great). maybe consider shading on the head itself to reflect that the hair is covering portions of the forehead, further drawing out its form?

Very nice! Love the details and the eyes even though I’m not a fan of anime I am a fan of this. I’d definitely like to order one when you open commissions!

This is pretty amazing! Great talent behind this.

You seem to have embodied your character with a bold confident stance which matches the red real well. Overall, you’ve developed a great color scheme and theme.
If anything, pay good attention to your transitions (excluding eyes; I think you have a good approach there).

But I think ROBLOX based portraits is a great idea! It’d be very interesting seeing ROBLOX characters represented in your portrait style.

Wonderful! You are a very good artist

I love the colors in this! I would suggest for a piece with a heavy amount of red in it, to make the background a complementary color to red. A nice cyan blue gradient would help make the character pop out more. The highlights in the hair also look very intense, so I would suggest just lowering the opacity of that a bit. Very nice job!