Feedback on my project: Hangout

Hello there, i’m Yor_ick!

I would like some HONEST feedback for my current project.
It’s a hangout, for my twitter followers, friends, …
i have taken my time for almost everything, but for some things not.
You’ll see the pictures down here, likes are appreciated

:yum: Have a good day!

3 Likes

Some things could look like they’re glitched, but its probably the quality of my ipad, my ipad is getting old.

honestly it looks very bland and boring in my opinion and you need to spend more time on your modelling techniques because those models look very sloppy and rushed.

Alright. I understand your opinion.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. In truth, the models actually look very good. However, there’s not much coordination as of now.

I’m now speaking to @Yor_ick. There are a few ways that you can make it better-coordinated and elimate that rushed feel that was mentioned. One of these is to play around with the terrain colors. The naturally-colored terrain doesn’t blend in too well with that white and blue color scheme you’ve got going on. What I normally do when using terrain is this: go to the Game Explorer and click on terrain. In Properties, you’ll then see an expandable list labeled something like “MaterialColors.” With this list, you can change the grass to a blue color and the cobblestone to white, which is what I would suggest.

Another thing that’s playing into the rushed feel in my opinion is the trees. There’s only one or two types, and it looks to me like all you’ve done to spread them out is copy and paste them over and over again. DO NOT do this. It tends to contribute to a rushed feel. Instead, make a few different kinds of tree (I’d recommend 3-5), and copy and paste THOSE, in a balanced concentration, all throughout the map. Then, go to each tree and re-scale and rotate it. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but the end result will be much better than what you have now.

Finally, change your skybox. The default Roblox sky just doesn’t work here. I could go through the process of explaining how to create a skybox, but I’ll give you a pass on this one. Go to Toolbox, search up “skybox”, and pick the one you like best. A popular one to use for futuristic builds like this is Purple Nebula.

That’s about all I can think of for now. Good luck with your hangout!

1 Like

Thats your opinion, they look very rushed

I know, but I’m also trying to think of ways to help him remedy that.

Thanks for the hints! I already know how to change the color of terrain, but what you said could help alot! Same of the trees, they look rushed, as you said. I already planned to change the skybox but i forgot it, thanks for the remind!

1 Like

I have made it like this now, the blue grass looks a bit too blue, in which kind of blue i have tried it, this is maybe better

1 Like

That’s definitely better! Is there an inside to that brick building you have there?

Nah, not yet. I have a plan to make something inside! I also added some light poles to the game, and i have a day/night cycle now! Here’s a link if you want to check it out! YorickRBLX’s RTC Gamerinos's Hangout - Roblox