Feedback on my racetrack (Interlagos GP) [Part 2.1]

Hello developers!

So, in the previous weeks I tried to recreate a F1 racetrack (Interlagos GP), and this is my result so far.
As you´ll see in the pictures, the layout and the terrain are only things that are done, there are more things to be done like the pit box, fences, parking zone, secundary asphalt routes and more.

I´ll post my progress with the racetrack every week.

Part 1 (layout and terrain)

Extra:
I tried to take a photo from the racetrack.

Part 2 (Pit box)

Part 2.1: rework of pit box (mclaren pit box) and grandstands

Feel free to leave a Feedback!
:happy3:

8 Likes

Looks really good maybe add some people watching and some trees and rocks that’s all I think?

1 Like

thanks for replying!
The development of the map will consist on parts every week.
The previous week consisted on terrain and layout.
this week will consist on building the pit box and fences.
thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

ENVIRONMENT

You should add some Background Noises to the game, like cheering, birds chirping, random car noises.

Also add Clouds & DepthOfField, they add some realism to the game to make it feel more immersive.

GRAPHICS

You should mess around with the environmental settings in lighting. You should also add a better sky, as that one looks overused and plain.

TERRAIN

If you’re trying to go for the blocky look, you should add triangles to the map to represent hills. Add cartoony trees like Deathrun, so it could fit the look.

If you’re going for a more realistic approach, add grass terrain, and add hills and valleys. Turn on the Grass setting in Terrain aswell, it’ll add alot of realism. Put different types of realistic trees around the map for a more realistic look.

Also, you should add Sunrays to the game. Mess around with them until you think it looks good!

TL;DR: Add Background Noises, Clouds, DepthOfField, Terrain, Hills, Trees, Sunrays.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying!
As you can see the map is on an early stage, so more things will be added the next weeks.
Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

You should add some tread marks onto the tracks.

3 Likes

thanks for replying!
Every suggestion will be taken into account for the map.
Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Seriously, this is amazing. I try to put in effort in racing tracks myself, and it is never too easy. I see the effort, and I love it. Keep it up! Good luck!

1 Like

Yup, I agree with you, making these maps are more difficult than I expected.
everything is made on roblox studio, I cannot make meshes on Blender since my pc cannot handle very well so I´m limited to roblox studio.

1 Like

I really appreciate your work, please send me the link when the game is completed! Take your time! Good luck once again!

1 Like

Isn’t the MarcAnanda guy a leaker? I feel like I’ve heard of him somewhere.
Anyways, that’s a really great looking track! Finally someone who actually adds elevation. And as it is WIP, I am really surprised how nice it is. Good luck!

Edit: Yep. MarcAnanda is a leaker, not only he leaks racing stuff but also aviation and other.

1 Like

Thanks for replying!
Well, I only taken the model from the toolbox for testing purposes. I didn´t realize that he was a leaker.
Anyways, I just might delete the credits for him.

1 Like

Uhm I have a question.
Should I make the map with public with 10 teams or should I make it as a testing day where there´s not public, only one team racing at the racetrack?

• F1 weekend (10 Teams)
  • testing day (1 Team)

0 voters

Part 2 is out, there are some parts that are empty right now and I´ll upload more photos today and tomorrow. :wink:

1 Like

(I’d suggest you to create new topics for major updates)

Wow! That looks incredible! To be really honest, I didn’t expect such a great work judging on the (sorry but a little bit blocky) layout! Alltought the wall textures feel really “2D”, which isn’t really the function of textures on such builds. You could try adding more small detail, because much places feel really empty, but I understand that it’s WIP. You should also try to change the thickness of the fence poles because they feel really blocky like that and it would look way bettre if these were thinner. Overally, really good job!
Cheers!

1 Like

Wow, what a great constructive feedback!
I´ll working hard to fix those parts and take photos as soon as I finish.
Thanks for all the feedback!

Since I was I bit busy, I tried to rework the pit box, optimized the truss to meshes.

First of all, I’d really recommend you to start a new topic each time there’s a “big” update. No one gets notified when you edit it.

Besides, everything’s great. I’d maybe just reduce detail inside of team garages, because it’s really not needed. And also maybe add a metal garage door (just a texture on a part) on the garage frames. AND please reduce the light brightness. It hurts my eyes really badly. Overally, good just create a new topic.