Feedback on my recreation of Itsukushima Shrine!

:shinto_shrine: Hello Developers! I am fairly new to building and have been experimenting with Roblox Studio as well as Blender. I recently attempted to recreate the famous Itsukushima Shrine Torii gate, and I would say I did a fairly decent job at it myself, but then again that’s why I am here, to get valuable feedback! I was inspired by a recent visit of mine to Japan, and I just wanted to… create something to remember my trip by. I would love some constructive criticism and some tips to keep in mind for the future to improve my modelling/building skills overall. Thanks! (Also please ignore the disgusting lighting, I’m working on it.) :shinto_shrine:

(Reference image)

(My recreation)

(Edit, wow I didn’t realize formatting was off, fixed that now)

2 Likes

Try creating more of a curve at the top if you’re going for accuracy as it seems alittle flat. Also the smaller beams are missing some details such as those wedge flaps. Other than that doing good. :+1:

5 Likes

Flat shaded columns… Try separating the smooth and sharp parts into 2 objects.

Are you going to the flag that sits, in the middle of the itsukushima gate.? That needs to be added to it.

I totally hear you! Where do you think that I should put some more detail into? Also I purposely left out the sign in the middle of the shrine because I don’t have the time to put the Japanese text there.

Instead of the Japanese test, you could put a game logo.

You also could add lanterns as they did in your reference picture:

Hello again! I can’t seem to see any lanterns in that picture, would you mind circling them or something? I apologize if I am just blind as well. Thanks.

Are those wooden lanterns or am I just being dumb?

Oh, no, hahaha. Those are just wooden decorations. I actually have them in my model as well, although looking back on it I did miss a few… Whoops!

Oh, sorry, I though they were lanterns. I think you’ve done good with details then! :+1:

1 Like