Feedback on my Resort

Hello everyone!
I am in the process of making a resort, I made the spawn point and people said it looked nice…

I’m back at it again with the greeting and reception area, where you can now join in game:
https://www.roblox.com/games/4188322540/jvstaldjnis-Place-Number-54

Any tips would be appreciated
I MADE EVERYTHING EXCEPT PALM TREES, WHICH I WILL MAKE MYSELF LATER ON…

It is meant to be a tropical / slightly modern theme, with a weird kinda low-poly but partial detail blend.

3 Likes

Hello, I am not able to join the game, could you please provide us screenshots?

1 Like

Seeing there’s no code, it would be difficult to give proper feedback. As of right now this feels like a nice showcase. If you do add gameplay, perhaps have a beach, functional check in, restaurants, rooms, etc. For building, it looks really nice! I love the use of terrain in this especially. If I had to suggest one critical thing it would be to make fences and other smaller details out of decals and not parts. This will help the low end players load faster and not lag.

Best of luck on this project! I see lots of potential!

1 Like

Of course, I will be adding different things and at the end keeping in mind performance. As of right now, any building tips?

Scripting is usually what I do last in projects, I find it’s better to have a visual layout and script from there.

Seeing this is essentially a roleplay game, try and add some builds around the spawn point. Maybe a beach near by with some paths leading down to it, a bar to sip on some bloxy cola and other little things they can go to right away. First impressions are key and allowing the player to choose where they want to go when they load is good a practice. Currently the map only has 1 direction to walk in.

Of course, this is all being added as I continue to build, as far as style goes, does this look good as of now?

The style looks great! Maybe a little more tropical elements!

Right when I joined the game I was instantly greeted with awful monetization tactics and items with no use kept popping up every five seconds which hinders playability when you have a little screen saying “Buy this! Segway!” And adding some more plants to cover up the edge of the map where you have terrain would be good, besides the spamming monetization you did a great job!

Only thing is some people don’t have the time to join the game and would much rather prefer screenshots, take this into consideration sometimes.

The place looks great but i can’t give it a full review now, your place needs more details, adding grass with different tropical themed variations will be great, the inside needs more furniture but as for now you can change some lighting settings, the place looks decent but it is still empty.

So sorry about that idiotic spamming of gamepass purchase requests, of course that was not my intention. I haven’t had the chance to hop into studio to patch up the script creating the issue, I will do so as soon as possible.

I just checked it out now; it’s quite late.
I really liked the way you’ve laid out each of the buildings, along with the pool and slides. However, I’ve noticed that the ‘rock-climbing’ activity is tucked away in the back (it’s not even that well-lit).

My biggest gripe with the game is the overuse of plain, tan-coloured concrete. It becomes repugnant, unless you add more chromatic detail to the larger surfaces.

As an EBR builder told me for my own knowledge: ‘there’s a parity in how you depict objects; there’s a basic fundamental way by which you can depict or symbolize the intended purpose of an object; it can go from absolute basic - the earlier example of a house to something more complex, where you start pulling in details that would otherwise be missed to the average observer’.

To achieve EBR status, detail parity should be equal throughout the whole map: ‘add the scratches and scrapes, and unevenness that gives reality that little bit of charm that everyone knows is there but never notices’.

Quotes are from @samaxis about my own work.