Feedback on my RETRO GFX

Inspired by some old movies, chilling on dock/ship deck… Hope you guys like it :3

EXTRAS:

ROBLOX: ExoticDev_66 (PROFILE)

PORTFOLIO: ExoticDev - carrd.co

TWITTER: ExoticDev :space_invader: (@ExoticDev_66) / Twitter

DONATION: Donation - Roblox

DISCORD SERVER: Exotic’s Community

DISCORD TAG: ExoticDev#2960

DONATION OR ANY TYPE OF SUPPORT IS APPRECIATED!! :tongue:
10 Likes

Poll

• Good
  • Bad
  • Meh

0 voters

Obvioisly the first option

1 Like

It doesn’t look retro at all. Perfectly modern in my eyes. Shading is nice though. Good work.

2 Likes

Nice but has too its too noisy

1 Like

I added noise/film-grain effect in Photoshop on purpose, to make the render look Old, classic and retro type…

Thank you!! I appreciate it :heart:

In my opinion, it needs a different palette of colors to make it look retro (preferably beige, light brown) If that’s going to be a thumbnail in a game, the character should be in the spot light, or by any means more expressive. It cannot drain with the background. Now I don’t say that art is bad anyhow, it’s really impressive and climatic! Apart from the things above, it’s awesome! :heart:

1 Like

It looks pretty good, but film grain and noise aren’t all that go into making a photo look old. For an example, take color. The color in your image is too saturated and bright to be 80s/90s (which is what I assume you’re going for judging by the fact it has color at all)

Notice the way the colors are somewhat dulled, flat almost. Also, light spots are very white and (most) dark spots are very black.

Don’t take this the wrong way, I like the way the image looks and the photoshop work is good, but it doesn’t necessarily capture the vintage look you’re striding for in my eyes.

Original Image Source

3 Likes

Impressive analysis, I agree. Also you may try changing the character avatar too?

1 Like

I was going to say that but it seemed too nitpicky. But yes, the character is a bit out of place imo

Amazing! but why is the guy blushing makes him sus :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thats his avatar, its just a face

Huh? I see (post deleted by author)

I deleted my message, it was trash

What was the message?

the yellow character walked along and hit a character into a character

1 Like