Feedback on my Retrowave beat

Hey there,
today I’m here to share a new project of mine with you, and get some proper feedback.

As the title suggests, the genre I’m going for is retrowave / synthwave. I aim to make more of these in the future for my coming cyberpunk-style game project.

Be as harsh as you want with the feedback, as long as it is constructive critism, I’m happy.

Thanks!

Best regards,

• AlexPalex178
12 Likes

Sounds really cool. Would be better if you add a good start because it just starts immedietly. Also its quite repetitive which just makes it boring honestly.

5 Likes

Thanks for your useful feedback! I can relate to what you’re saying, because the dynamics and the intros/outros of tracks are very important and can heavily influence the overall feel.

2 Likes

Yes and ofcourse the middle part as its just one base repeating and repeating.

1 Like

As Crypt mentioned it does get very repetitive really quickly. Try adding in different chords, different melodies, etc to give the listener something new and interesting to listen to.

I do like the laid back 80’s synth vibe it gives off though. You’re heading in the right direction so far!

3 Likes

There is a real good atmosphere in this music. I like that :+1:

1 Like

UPDATE:
New, redone version releasing this week for further feedback!

Thanks for all your valuable feedback so far, stay tuney!

Classic and retro, I wouldn’t ask too much but it could add those cymbal crashes… Where are they??

And for the arpeggiators they could use a better treatment to counter the repetitiveness. Either by stopping and playing, or change up the pattern slightly.

Woah, I haven’t seen this topic in ages. Since I’ve wrote my last post, a lot has happened regarding the song, and only for the better!
The ending is still unfinished since I’m working on other musical projects right now, but I can send you the new version as it is now.

1 Like