Feedback on my RPG

thanks everyone!

i hope it will be the next big gam!

Hi, it sounds like you might be feeling discouraged by some of the feedback so far, but just keep working at it. Before continuing building think about these aspects of your game:

• What is the RPG about? Is there a plot?
  • What is the setting? Where/when/what universe? What is the visual style?
  • What will the player do? Will they gather resources? Will they fight? Who will they fight?
  • What kinds of things will they buy with the money they collect?

The first two points might be a good place to start. Working on these will allow you to focus on building the world in scenery in which your RPG will exist. This is where you will want to work on models, terrain, lighting, and other visual aspects.

In your RPG it does look like the player will collect resources to sell. And what you have so far works! I was able to cut down trees and sell them for gold. This is a good start! What else will players be able to collect? Rock, minerals, food, etc? Thinking about this will also help you plan out what you need to model for your game.

To practice model-building, why not start with the trees? There are a lot of different styles you could try out (realistic, cartoony, etc.) and this is something that would instantly add more appeal to your game. If the player is going to spend a lot of time looking at an asset then it might be a good idea to make it as detailed as possible.

I hope this helps! I also like your obby, the colors are really nice! Stick with it and I’m sure with enough time and effort you will create a wonderful game!

1 Like

alright thanks for the feedback!

here is a sneak peak!

submit you ideas now! [poll type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]

Stuff to put in!

• donation board
  • BG Music
  • Stuffs!
    [/poll]

Update: King's Obby: and the neon world - Roblox

I’d hate to be a bother, but the intro looks exactly like one in which is a free model (too lazy to link it lol)

I’d understand if this is a placeholder, though

3 Likes

yeah it is
thanks for the feedback

you just killed my soul.

clap clap

This is a good start, Try working on animations for the character.

Hate to say this, but…the game needs a LOT more work before you even think about putting it into testing. Work on the landscape and organize the map more. The only you seem to be able to do is cut down trees with a shovel??
There are a few other things, but I believe they are already listed by others. Good luck on this and try working on it more before releasing it to test.

2 Likes