Feedback on my second ever model, a dead tree?

Could I have feedback on my second ever model made in blender? Here was my first model. Did I improve? What would make it look better?

It’s supposed to be a dead tree.

14 Likes

It looks a lot better than my second model (also a tree). Good luck on your modeling journey!

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Hey there Fruits! Long time no see. Looking good. :+1:

1 Like

Some of the branches look too thick and the trunk is kinda bland. Overall, this isn’t bad for your second model, nice job.

1 Like

Makes me also think of a low-poly wasteland/ survival type game. Nonetheless, it’s really good.

1 Like

Really good if you were going for the low-poly style, if you weren’t I suggest some texture, as @KanjiHiro suggested.

Branches also seem thick, more thin branches need to be added, and maybe add some tiny branches onto them too, just to add more detail.

Well, other than those Cons, the tree looks great, definitely a good hot-desert-low-poly vibe.

1 Like

The creativity of the details looks cool, except I would scale the branches a bit thinner, as dead trees are frequently thin.

1 Like

I really like it, but the middle is too chunky in my opinion. And also maybe try to add some cool wood textures to it.

1 Like

Looks quite nice and I like the low-poly style, however it looks like you’ve focussed more on the branches than the trunk of the tree - maybe add a bit of variety to it and also make it thinner as you go up.