Feedback on my simple management game?

I finished up this small project a couple days ago, and I’m looking for feedback.

Game.
Trailer.

2 Likes

Just played outpost point delta, overall it was interesting and fun to play but some stuff felt off.

Positives:

• Nice models both inside and outside the main room
  • Unique and well made trailer
  • The “state of the art monitoring system” was easy to read and well made
  • Interesting game loop

Minor stuff:

• The time UI never updated, so it felt as if there was no real objective other than to survive as long as possible.
  • Pretty minor bug in that the breaker switch’s animation turned in a funny way.
  • The ambience that was playing was really quiet, so that I couldn’t hear it on normal sound, which kind of hindered the atmosphere.

Speaking of atmosphere, I feel as if more could be done. Perhaps some red herrings such as: the lights randomly flickering, distant sirens, etc. Then some more immediate stuff that directly ties to the monster’s progress, as it gets closer maybe a heart beat sound gets faster and louder, with a black border UI increasing in size.

Finally, I didn’t really understand the point of the water, having it running just meant that it would increase to the point where a pipe would burst and it would sap all my energy. But then not having it running didn’t have a penalty that was immediately obvious, when it hit 0 it just reset to 25, I’m sure it has some reason but it just wasn’t clear to me.

Overall though, unique experience that has a lot of potential.

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback.
Once I finish another project I’m working on, (a story/lore based game), I think I’ll pick this back up again.
Tysm!