Feedback on my test song

Hello there!
After receiving help from multiple dev fourm users, I have created a simple song that is a little more than 2 minutes long. I was simply messing around with sounds, and it turned out to sound pretty decent.

Song

How does it sound? I need feedback so I can further learn how to compose music, and create my own for my own uses.

10 Likes

You’re off to a good start and the repetitiveness matches up for background music. Now to step this up, try to decide what genres you want to expand in. Recently, my main works are ambient, trance and techno. It is up to you to decide where you want to go with your own sounds.

2 Likes

Love the classic feel to it. It would work great as background music because there are no lines in it.

1 Like

I love the song. 10/10 in my book.

1 Like

wow, sounds nice if you need album cover art hit me up I got good vfx skills

1 Like

Sounds like something I’d hear in a cartoon-style game. It’s very simplistic, and loopable. Great background music.

1 Like

I created a part 2. It is a retro style song with hints of modern sounds.

Summary

Feedback would definitely help!

1 Like

Add some more elements to it and try EQing it so that the frequencies don’t make it sound muddy after you add the elements (it is easy for tracks to get overlapped after you add more elements.)

1 Like

You’re picking up the pace, but apparently some of sounds clashes and could need some equalising work or you can do sidechain compression to give it an even more pumping effect.

1 Like

What DAW are you using? I use Logic Pro X

1 Like

Perhaps you can guess it’s one of the free ones, OP was asking about how to learn to become a composer but also about which softwares are free:

1 Like

I tried using the free version of FL studios, but then I started using Soundtrap, seems easier for me.

I would recommend you use cakewalk or pro tools first (free version of pro tools)

1 Like

Or you can download free trial of Cubase or bitwig studio and keep resetting it by reinstalling windows

1 Like

I really like how basic this is. Nice job!

1 Like

This song is good! It reminds me of Bee Swarm Sim. Amazing bop!

2 Likes