Feedback on my UGC Concepts [DISCONTINUED]

Hey! I recently got into creating UGC concepts, as my goal for 2021 is to improve in my modelling and get into the UGC program. I got inspired by my friend who got into the program a few weeks ago. I suck at unwrapping, so this was actually unwrapped by my friend. Please give some constructive criticism!

12 Likes

Its a really good model! Only thing id say is that if you look at it closely the actual clip itself you shaded it smooth which gave it a bit of an odd effect with darkers parts on it, unless that was intentional great job!

4 Likes

I noticed that whilst rendering that, but the shade flat looked super ugly. Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking for feedback on my next concept, not as proud of it but would love some pointers to guide me in the right direction!

6 Likes

Thats gorgeous! I see a huge improvement from concept 2 to 3 great work :smiley:

1 Like

This looks so good!
I hope you’ll get into the UGC program.

1 Like

The hair clip would not work for many hairs, all hairs are different sizes.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t really think about that because it’s only a concept. If I ever got into UGC, i’d definitely try and make them fit as many hairs as I can! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you so much! I’m working on the next one just now… using proportional editing for the first time! :eyes:

Concept 5. Even I can see the improvement!

Using auto smooth would most likely get rid of those weird shadows!

1 Like

Are you talking about the hairclip?

Yes. If shading smooth doesn’t work, then just unwrap the UV’s and use whatever color you want as the texture.

1 Like

Yep, on my newest concept I tried auto smooth and it works well! Unfortunately, I can’t apply for UGC because I’m not 15, so I won’t be making any more concepts :frowning:

while rendering you used shadows, dont. The result of your render will not be the same as the one in roblox. Or if you realy want to use a render wit light and shadows gix us an image of the object its self (no lits, no shadows, no model) I also think there is way to mutch topoligy, 312 verts, you can go lower.

1 Like

Don’t quit! Keep working on your blender skills so you can apply for UGC when you are old enough.

1 Like

stop using shadows while rendering, the result in roblox will not look like that at all, we c’ant aprecheate the texture you made

1 Like

Hey, I saw you said that earlier.

Oh, srry i forgot i allready said that, my bad.

1 Like