Feedback on my UI

I’m new to the forum so bare with me.

I’m a self taught UI designer and programmer, I have recently been working on this UI for my Juice Bar game and I’m hoping for some appropiate feedback to be given. It has many features, including music, store, menu and more. This is heavily inspired by Frappe’s UI in their V3 and V4 games. If you have any design ideas, bugs, or new things for me to maybe implement. I’d be more than happy to listen.

Video: https://twitter.com/lexiredwoods/status/1263799614064427011?s=20

Check it out here: Riverstone Juice Bar V1 [GRAND OPENING!] - Roblox

2 Likes

I like the side panel design, except how it doesn’t have spacing between the panel and the topbar buttons.

When you click a button on the side panel, it opens a window that overlaps the side panel’s close button which is bad for ux.

The windows that open take up too much space.

Perhaps make the windows tween to the center of the screen instead of just at the side of the panel.

Maybe classify the food in the menu into categories instead of just making all of them visible at once.

I based these from the videos by the way.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll for sure use your ideas in the future.

I do think you need to fix the lighting. Maybe have a script where all lights in the cafe turn on at night. Really good job though.

And I love the UIs in the twitter video, they look great!

I had this script, but it stopped working when my game went to non-experimental mode. Thanks for the feedback!

Would you like any assistance with it?

If you wouldn’t mind, that’d be great!

Sure thing, dm me on discord. My discord id is in my bio
https://devforum.roblox.com/u/whois_ciara/summary

Hmm…

Looks decent, possibly too big?

Some of the stuff such as Staff, Credits & eventually Donate could be placed around the spawn, which would turn out fancy for sure.

My preference, that’d also save space to smaller the UI.

Adding some smooth to the edges, adjusting the icons and text properly & cleaning the Staff icon would keep the UI.

Implement a cooldown when pressing the button so that the UI is fully open before closing again, do that with the sound as well.

Inspire yourself from other games, these implemented UI’s as elements to fit the game design / style.
Using Textlabels / Textbuttons would fancier your GUI, as for example to add stripes, folded corners and whatever is possible. :neutral_face:

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll see what I can do.

The minimalistic design of the side menu has a good idea behind it, I think it could use a more solid color palette, it would attract more eyes rather than the basic transparent template. Do you design in studio or from an exterior service?

I mainly use studio, I was interested in using UIGradient features to make it but I couldn’t seem to find it. I made the icons in Photoshop.

What a fantastic UI job with this, good job!

1 Like

UPDATE

Over the past few weeks I have been working on a few suggestions by others and some devforum members, also some of my ideas. I found UIGradient and it has really upped the level of UI design for me.
I’d also like to add that it is a bit choppy at the moment and some positioning problems are occuring which I will fix when I am next online.

You can find a video of my updated UI here: https://twitter.com/lexiredwoods/status/1267937126890553350?s=20

Appreciate any feedback.

If You Shrink The Premium, It’ll Look Better .D
Ui Really Nice