Feedback on my UNIQUE Game? any thoughts/considerations are appreciated

Hi, i’ve been developing this obby game for the past 2-3 months and I wanted to know what you developers might consider the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ factors in my game.

Keep in mind the obby is not entirely finished, but has substantial amount of work done for it to be considered a game and in need of it being criticized.

The obby development area is definitely saturated. With many games being a copy or implement the same layout, making an obby overall was a risky move. However I kept this in mind and created this obby which would use factors in Tower Of Hell (Troll/Point-Based items) while having an above-average obstacle for the user.

i still need help on the game name help lol this current one is just for now.

Here are some pictures since you can get the ‘feel’ of it before even considering to join.

I took massive amounts of inspiration from games such as for the UI, but I have made everything straight from Photoshop. Thumbnails, stage designs for badges, etc. have been entirely produced by yours truly.

Please give any suggestions you might have and/or strict feedback to improve. This game is going to be the first fully-finished game in the history of my roblox development, so I am striving to make it semi-successful if not successful.

7 Likes

Title: UNIQUE game

First sentence:

—————————
Review: I don’t like obby games, but judging by quality it’s a well made game that have a chance on the platform, good job.

3 Likes

I actually really like the design a lot! Really good quality in the game as well. GUIs looking really nice as well. I think you should keep working on the game and send out ads! It has potential. The quality and concept is there.

1 Like

Judging by the few minutes I’ve played, I do appreciate the cleanliness of the UI/UX within the game. It seems polished as an existing product.

As a game I feel that there could be most encouraging aspects within the game which include things to incentivize the player for completion.

As an example, this could include: Rewarding the player on completion of each level or providing incentives for timely completion. You could reward players with coins that allow them to add to their aesthetic such as skins each time they complete an area. This could provide players with a sense of replay value for completing already finished areas.

Otherwise, great work so far!

1 Like

Good suggestion, the idea of having coins would be valuable for the player and for longevity. I have pets currently which players can earn after few stages, but coins would be more suitable. Thanks for the comment!

I wanted to highlight some aspects in your game:

Builds/Models/Assets/Ilumination

I loved the variety of models, low poly builds in your game, they are well made

However, some models, such as the truck, did not fit well in the concept of the phase. I didn’t find a truck on the water conventional and the concept of the first phase is something more focused on the island, beach theme.

The lighting in the game is sensational, I love lighting like this, very bright

Arrows

I didn’t find any arrows in the stages. In obby games they are very important and help guide, I confess that for me this is something that really matters along the way.

Problems i had playing

GUIs not working when i click on them.

Bugged star checkpoint, every time I step doesn’t count as a stage and I die, and I’m in an infinite loop dying.

I recorded a video showing the problems, here:

Your game has enormous potential, congratulations for the work, just keep tweaking the details to improve it even more!

1 Like

I really appreciate your in-depth input for a review. Thanks for taking the time to go through certain aspects of the game where it may be faulty.

I have totally forgot to incorporate arrows which is definitely a must-have for obbies and their audience. I will do that asap, and I see your perspective from being against the ‘random’ trucks in the first stages of the game. Maybe it can be replaced with something more fitting of the theme.

issues

I’m aware the GUIs are not functional as of this time, I have to hire more people to begin UI/UX programming which I have no clue to do. I have all the designs ready to be imported though :slight_smile:
Thanks for bringing the bug star checkpoint to my attention, it was also experienced by other users and will be notified to my scripter soon. Maybe a pop-up screen saying ‘Missed Checkpoint’ would suffice? It would help players notice if they’ve skipped a checkpoint which is probably the cause of this infinite death loop.
Thanks for your input! It is truly valuable to me.

2 Likes

Amazing and unique level design! Keep up the good work!

1 Like