Feedback on my unique obby/puzzle game

Hello developers, This is my first topic on DevForum. Recently, I published my game and I would like to ask you for feedback on it. So I want you to focus on these questions:

1. Due to game icon and thumbnail, would you click and play the game?
  2. Is the game complex or hard to understand?
  3. Is it fun to play? What should I add to the game if its not fun?
  4. Is there anything that makes you want to stay or leave? (What and Why)
  5. Is there any issue(errors, broken things, etc…) needs to fix?

I’m happy to listen to you, feel free to give me feedback. You also can give me any suggestions.

Here’s the link: [UPD] Try To Jump - Roblox

I tried to be unique with the levels. And inspired a game named “Try To Die”. I hope you like it!

1 Like

I gave your game a quick tour and played until level 7.

I personally am not a fan of drawn thumbnails or icons, especially your game’s icon, you can’t see much of the context when looking at it.

The game was not hard to understand for me, I quickly figured out what my mission is to get through the levels, however, I feel like a quick and short tutorial explaining what your objective is throughout the game would be really helpful to some that may not understand your game at first. Moreover, I did enjoy playing, I did not complete the whole game to fully judge but as far as I got the levels were unique and engaging so good job on that!

I unfortunately did not continue past level 7 and came straight here to give my feedback. As long as you keep consistent fun gameplay and make sure that your game does not feel so repetitive as you progress, players won’t really quit out of boredom.

A few adjustments that I think will make your game better:

• It seems like your NPC dialog system is fully being handled by the server and not the client, this is generally not a good practice, especially for user experience, the dialog will lag for players with slightly higher ping which is not so pleasing. You should generally handle all your games Guis on the client and use RemoteEvents to tell the client to open a certain Gui and do certain actions etc… which will make the player’s experience so much smoother and better and most importantly reduce the load on the server.

• I also think having the LockedToPart Property enabled for your particles is not necessary, I personally did not enjoy particles that appeared on my avatar being locked to my character’s movement.

Overall, very simple and enjoyable game, you did a good job on it.

That’s it from me, hopefully, my feedback will help you with improving your game even further.

Out of curiosity, how did you determine this?

Very good nice game I like.

Notes:

• I wasn’t able to make it past level 9 because the cube would not push onto the bridge. Then I fell through the water and died and got sent back to level 1.

• I finally made it past level 9, now I am at level 10 and I think it is not good gameplay to have to look through a giant sand pit for the cube when you dig so slowly. I think this could be fixed just by allowing the player to dig instantly.

• I finally found the cube, it’s giant but it still took me many minutes of digging to find it because of how slow the player digs.

• Level 18 the red part doesn’t reset jump like the sign says.

I was getting around 500 ping (my internet connection was having some issues), and due to the visible delay, I could easily tell that the dialog system is being handled by the server.

2 Likes

thanks for all of your feedbacks, I am trying to make the game day by day and your feedback is really helpfull for me.

@batteryday cant understand why chechkpoint system not working. It has to be checkpoint system but it sometimes work sometimes not. It needs to be update your leaderstats stage value.

@NimaDev I will make the particles not anchored with part and try to make the dialogue system client-sided.

Again thanks for your feedbacks!