Feedback on my Village

Hey guys I’m having trouble on where I should put trees.When I do make them, I don’t know if I should put them all next to the houses or put most of them on top of the grassy mountains? They are going to be sparse since in my game the village is surrounded by mountains(Also the map is not finished yet). Also I know the houses look really generic but I am not the best at house designing. That is the best I could come up with for now.

6 Likes

The map is looking nice, just add the trees near the houses.

You should add trees and rocks and stuff to add to the environment rather than just trees

1 Like

You should add more details and trees.

You should add more details like tiny rocks, bushes, flowers, etc. As for trees I would suggest near the houses mabye near some of the paths. It’s all up to your preference.

Your game map looks very nice so far, however, there are a few things I would change.

Firstly, your houses do look quite strange - at first I thought they were garages as the rear of the house looks like a garage. I’m also not quite understanding the patterns on the side of the house, they look like roman numerals if anything. If you want to add some more detail to the walls, I would recommend adding windows, bricks or a gate leading to the back garden or even just a simple pathway leading to an area behind the house and scrapping those weird patterns. You should also shape each house differently to the other and not just increase the size and change the roof colour to add variety, it doesn’t work well at all. Also try adding some more outside decoration to your houses you could add bushes, fences or even a garden. Try experimenting with roofs as your roofs are just two wedges connected together at either end of the walls, adding a patio or an extension to houses can unlock so many different possibilities for roof designs. Make sure to use reference images for some inspiration - here is one I found in a quick google search.

As you can see there are three different roofs in this small two story house so try spicing up all of your houses to look different from each other, trust me, it will add so much variety and you won’t be seeing the same four brick walls and two wedges every corner you take.

Capture

Next, I would definitely add bushes, rocks, plants and trees around your map. I also think there is excellent potential for a waterfall or some kind of water feature on your map, you could even have a small lake which is connected to the waterfall. A good spot I would place the waterfall in would be in the bottom left corner of the map as that sector is very plain is very lacklustre in any kind of nature, structures or landscape. There’s also no paths leading to there telling me that you won’t be using that spot for anything else so the next best thing would be either to add a waterfall or some kind of point of interest on your map.
Capture

3 Likes

Hello there, eventhough your map looks magnificent it is kinda empty.

What can you do about it?

• You can add rocks around the town so it’d look more natural.
  • Add treas around.
  • Add fences around the houses and put some plants in fences.

Thank you for reading, good luck :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for this and yes they are supposed to be roman numerals it apart of the game. Also the house are supposed to be a medieval style and each one is not supposed to be huge. It’s going to be a small cozy village pretty much.

2 Likes

Looks great,but change the rock materials because it doesnt look that good and as @tehls said add some tress,that pretty much it.:wink:

This map looks good. I would recommend trying to mess with the lighting a little bit. You could also detail around the outside with more of a natural feel to it.