Feedback on my WIP render

Hey everyone…
Really looking to get into some graphic designing, as I have some experience but I am trying to take it to the next level.
I’ve been practicing for about a week or so w/ a new tool, and completed this render (i have not done any post-editing, this is a pure render).

As you can tell, I have not textured the character. Anyhow, I was just looking for opinions of the overall feel so far.
I was trying to achieve a semi photorealistic effect, but I feel like I should also add particles/visual effects to give off more of a game ambient.

Tips or suggestions?

1 Like

First, can you tell me what this render is for? We don’t want to suggest something out of your theme.
Is this render for a game? Icon? Thumbnail? What kind of game?
After you’ve answered these questions, other people will be able to give you some feedbacks relevant to your render theme you’re making.

1 Like

It’s just a personal thing, no plan.
I’m just looking for what I should maybe do next… E.g. particles, lighting ,etc…

I think it looks good just try adding some more of the smoke effect.

2 Likes

Looks all good more smoking would make it all a bit hotter

1 Like

So to start off, the scene feels a bit empty and I’m unsure as to whether you plan on change it, which I recommend. However, I do like the fact that you rendered your smoke, and it looks very nice. What you should do next is basically just adding more to the scene instead of just giving us 3 places in the piece to look at, moreover, judging off of the look of the character, your lighting appears to be too bright.

TL;DR: Add more things, make lighting not as bright, and make add more creative visual effects in places where necessary.

1 Like

It’s pretty good so far.

I would definitely recommend adding some color (I’m not a big fan of neutral colors but if it’s supposed to be like that, then it still looks good).

I do also agree with the other comments about adding some more smoke, that would definitely look really cool!

The lighting on the bottom part of the render looks too dark compared to the rest of the image. I do think it should remain dark, but it’s too dark.

1 Like

I’m going to guess that the character fell down and landed on the floor very tough based on the smoke and broken ground.

It’s kinda hard to tell that actually happened though since there’s no exaggeration.

You should exaggerate the movement, maybe make the arms more extended out like hes trying to balance from getting back up. add some rubble from the broken ground into the air or near him.

I can also see a very faint cape on his back? Make that extend into the air more to give it more emphasis that he fell from somewhere high.

Exaggerating a pose and some effects could send a message better for a person to better understand your render.

As others have also said, make the smoke more visible and noticeable, make it spread out from the center of where he landed at to give it a strong impact feel.

1 Like

I’m late to the party but it does say WIP.

well, he did ask for what to add and what he should do

30char30char30char30char30char

ah yes i see, thank you i didn’t see