Feedback on my work?

Hey! I’ve been trying to improve a lot on my renders lately and I’d like to know from others what they think of my work. Oftentimes, I see my work as subpar to that of others but I appreciate some feedback from others!

I’d like to know the following:

• What were my mistakes seen in the output?
  • How much would you pay for my work based off of the image?
  • What can I improve on to further the quality of my work?

I’d appreciate if you take the time to respond. I’m no beginner to the field of Render Design nor am I an expert. I’d love to see what beginners, amateurs, and experts of the field think, as well as those who don’t do Graphics Design themselves. Anyways, without further delay, here is they piece I’d like feedback on. (This was done as a commission for the Republic of Chile, by the way. :smile:)

I’d like to thank those who respond with their opinions in advance for their help. :heart:

11 Likes

To me the sky just looks very plain and if there was like more effect to it, it could make it stand out more! Also Maybe try to add some sunlight onto the render or shadows to the characters! I’d pay about 250 to 300 for this. Could’ve been better tho, there is always time for improvements! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe add sun reflection on car. And more light .

I agree with you! I honestly thought of that but it was already rendering, my PC wouldn’t be able to accommodate the heavy load of CPU and GPU usage.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on that! Recently, I have been experimenting with materials in order to make a good car paint texture, to make it a lot more realistic and such.

The car windows are too dark, but overall it looks fine to me.

If you are trying to make it very realistic, the clouds shouldn’t be that low, that makes it look like you are in the sky. Also the sky in general looks a bit plain, there needs to probably be more contrasting colors to give it definition. Also your light source seems to be coming from the back, so the building that the player is hiding behind needs to be darker, since there is no light source. If the source is from the right, then the player should be lit up on his right side, and also the cars need to be making shadows. Otherwise, it looks good.

2 Likes

I like the scene that you’ve set up here, but there’s a bit of a large gap in the middle of the ground, which makes me feel as though there’s something missing. Find a way to fill in some of the empty space in the thumbnail. If the character closest to the camera is the focus of the scene, it should be a little more visible as the lighting is just a tad dull. You could perhaps use rim lighting to make it more prominent.

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments! I’ll be implementing these feedback in the final output. :smiley:

Maybe you could make the light stronger, as in my opinion, the render looks a bit too dark.

Looks great except the floor is has no texture to it.

After a few revisions, I’ve made a second version of the same render above! Likewise, I would appreciate more critiques about it.

2 Likes

Wow. This looks insanely better, very nice job. My only small critique would be that you can add a few darker shadows by the player on the right, but otherwise fantastic job.

1 Like

It looks really good! The one thing I’ll note is that the car texture is really weird, and looks almost like its muddy or covered in dirt. Additionally, there is a little gap between the HDRI and the curb next to the back car that’s just blue, doesn’t really fit.

1 Like

Hey there,
Your render is quite amazing! I really like how you made the textures look good and the people look nicely rendered as well. One thing I would note, as a few did note recently, was the sky texture. That aside, I think your work is amazing. Keep it up!

And, thanks for allowing us to give feedback on your art.

1 Like

Yeah, I had intended it to have a dirt texture for the car, it’s not the best but it got somewhere.