Feedback on new game "get milk at midnight"

1. Like @bunnisani mentioned, the text sometimes shows over the avatar and out of the gray background frame like in the example below. This can be fixed by moving the player away from the text and by making the text box boundaries stay in the gray frame.

1. There is no way to skip the slow typewriter affect. Make it so that when the player presses the text box, the typewriter effect is skipped, or make the typewriter effect faster.

2. Shower model needs some work

1. Several parts including one of the cabinet knobs are unanchored, like @LucasTutoriaisSaimo

1. Instead of kicking the player, the game should just start over instead. This would make it so that the player doesn’t need to load the game every time there is an ending.

2. The clock temporarily shows :60 before going to the next hour. Make sure your for loop that you use only goes to 59 instead of 60.

1. Found a pretty weird glitch in the game that occurs when you repeatedly press the interact button to the room that the developers are working on.

Otherwise, I love this game and I can’t wait for future updates to it!

1 Like

Update:

I moved the player image out of the text, as for the text leaving the frame, that’s a more difficult issue as the textbox itself is the gray frame except with a ui corners property.

I made the typewriter effect quicker, if it needs to be more quick let me know!

For the shower model, I decided to go ahead and make a quick one in blender lol:

All parts that I saw unanchored have been anchored. Please let me know if you see anymore!

I personally like kicking the player, as I don’t have to clean up the map, but I may change it

the clock is fixed

I fixed the glitch by adding a quick debounce, 6 seconds to be exact!

Thanks for the amazing feedback!

1 Like

Thy bay blade is no more, the culprit was an unanchored piece of spilt milk. I did make it so the milk doesn’t glitch out when you click a lot. The voice is sped up and sounds a little bit better.

Thanks for the feedback!

I honestly think you should just stray away from the “simplicity is funny” type of game. There are so many flaws with those games, and you should just honestly go with something more unique.

1 Like

Well the game isn’t really supposed to be popular, I’m creating it because I want to have have a fun time. People playing the game is really just a bonus for me. Also a lot of games have gotten popular from tis type of game. Such as get a snack at 4 am simulator which this game was inspired by. The game is more of a learning experience.

I got the ending milk when I just slept without getting milk. Add something to check if they have drank the milk so they can get the ending.

1 Like

Alright, it’s fixed. I accidentally forgot to add something to the code. It should give you the “Dehydration” ending now

Overall 7.5 out of 10, theirs a door glitch were the door clips through the wall, the icon, and also a tight area with the games house ( The Main Area ) feeling kind of empty and tight

2 Likes

Reminds me of get a snack at 4am. Is the text supposed to tween from the left side? Also the character when talking is pretty small, try scaling it.

3 Likes

What do you mean by the text tweening from the left side?

1 Like

The ending text, is it supposed to change size on the left side?
Also just got all endings, I’d say that’s a 7/10 game.

2 Likes

Sorry if im acting a little dumb here, but what do you mean by the “left side”. All its supposed to do is gradually get bigger through a tween

1 Like

Thanks for the rating! What would I add to the game to make it 8/10?

Maybe add more endings and add something which happens when you get all endings.

1 Like

Thats planned for later on in the game. this version is basically just a Demo, as the entire map is about 20x bigger than the house. The next update for the game will be released in a couple of weeks

We plan on releasing the game in updates with different sections per update

1 Like

Sorry if Im replying a year later but, you shouldn’t just delete the player UI, you should learn how to scale UI for future projects you make.

I am only giving constructive criticism. The game itself is well thought of.

As soon as you join, we are are greeted with a loud noise that would be very irritating and annoying for players. The user who is displayed is also stretched a bit too much that you can see the pixels.

Tutorial Issues

This image is super pixelated and could be difficult to read. I also do not like that there are so many images around the map, perhaps make a tutorial system instead of just images.

I also do not like the fact that you get kicked after a certain amount of time. As people have said, things aren’t anchored and the game has many bugs. I am going to rate your demonstration a 6.5 out of 10 due to these issues. Please get these fixed as this game has great potential. Have a great day!

I do not recall deleting the player UI and I already how to scale UI, it’s just I quit working on the game and Roblox development in general

Thank you for your feedback, but unfortunately production of this game stopped a while ago and it probably won’t see any updates in the foreseeable future as I quit Roblox development

Well, good luck for the future!