Feedback on new song

I have 5 years of experience with music and I am new to DAWs, and I have 7 months of experience with my DAW, Logic. How do you like my new song and what can I improve on? See if you can guess the key.

10 Likes

Also headphones are reccomended since I put a lot of effort into panning and such.

1 Like

Sounds really good, is this for a game?

I am planning for it to be used at one. You can use it if you want. Free use.

What do you mean by strange concern?

1 Like

This sounds like it’s either for a You Lost! scene or it’s for a boss phase. (Also you should probably remove that one random beat at the very end)

2 Likes

0:00 to 00:3 was what I was most interested in, sounds like a futuristic on top of a sky scraper vibe. I would consider expanding upon that part, as for the rest of the song, those notes don’t really fit into the ambience you created at the start.

Ahah thanks, but I was more or less trying to find out what type of game this would be used it, like what is it for?

Sounds neat. Asserting the key sounds like C minor now. The rhythm needs some smoothing in transition though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, it was C Minor. I should have taken more effort on this song lol.

I guess it could be used in a horror game or in a dramatic scene in a story game.

Edit, made the chords more prominent. Which one do you like better?

2 Likes

It’s pretty cool but it’s a little nauseating with the audio constantly switching from ear to ear, i’d tone down the effect a bit but other than that pretty cool

1 Like

The chords progression is good. The panning, like @Axospheric said, is very distracting so I would recommend either decreasing the panning amount or make the panning lot slower.
Also, you might want to put a limiter or compressor on the track as I can hear consistent peaking and feedback.
Also, I recognize the song… you used Cymatics’ MIDI, right?

Yes, I used the cymatics MIDI pack.

1 Like

I love this and the sickly feeling it gives off. This song emits a vibe of, “this is not human maybe it was once human…”
Also it’s a TAD BIT LOUD

P.S.
I’d actually listen to this if it were a longer song. Brings back old memories of something long forgotten, still intangible but still there.

Wow that is a deep description :laughing:

1 Like

Love the song and what you did with it. Only thing is that it that seems like something sounds a bit off about 00:30 - 00:31. However, entire song is composed fantastically.

1 Like

Sounds good, i like it. Especially the way it goes in and out my right ear. Not to mention it’s a simple but groovy beat. Could be used for some major beat drop let me tell you that. As for the key guessing, i have no clue cause i don’t play instruments lol

1 Like